1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when do you need a patch

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 9ag14e, Nov 18, 2003.

1. 9ag14e

9ag14e Member

I recently had supermodz install a Dms 3 mod chip in my playstation2. I have been reading in this and other forums that some games ,especialy ea sports games, require a patch. I get the impression from the reading I have done that some modded systems will need a patch and some will not. I guess what I want to know is what games require a patch and do I need to wory about getting patchs with the DMS 3. I just dont want to burn a lot of costers. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

only reason you'd need to patch games using a DMS3 is to convert them from PAL to NTSC or viseversa.

3. panterra

panterra Member

If you read the fine print with all the DMS2 stuff... it does say that some games will still reckogise a modded PS2. I think it is referring to PSx games though. I have had some problems.

4. panterra

panterra Member

May I ask how much the install cost?

5. 9ag14e

9ag14e Member

I paid $80 for the chip and the install. Its a great deal and it works great.

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You might also need to patch PS1 games that can detect a stealthed PS1 mod chip. They seem to pick up on PS2 mods as well.

7. GzaPR

GzaPR Member

I have DMS3 and a V7 ps2 and NBA Live 2004 recently i try to backup the game and the game freezes when Vince Carter shows and don't load up. Don't know why i never had a prob. with games. Do i need a pach for this game?