1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when i convert my avi's to dvd using tmpgenc plus the sound isnt working right....please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by binarym, Sep 8, 2004.

1. binarym

binarym Guest

i need help to convert my avi files to dvd,ive dloaded nearly every codec and converter but when i burn to dvd using nero 6 ultra the sound is playing to slow or sometimes the dvd freezes............i have tried to use the tute but nothing works, the sound files in the avi are mp3

2. Crisp

Crisp Member

im having probs with avi's too...there a right pain!cant seem to find a decent prog that will encode and burn properly. id be perfectly happy to use 2 progs if thats what it takes but finding decent ones is proving increadably difficult!

someone help...after helping binarym of course!

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

a guide for Avi to DVD

Take the files you have and you'll have to run it through TMPGEnc to render it into an DVD compliant MPEG2 file then run it through TMPGEnc DVD Author to get your full VOB files (the VOBs you get from TMPGEnc aren't the correct format). Once you've done DVD Author, just burn to disc. If you're using Nero, use Nero Classic and select DVD Video -

An alternative is to use Nero's NeroVision and then burn to disc.

Cheers,

Forget it if you have Roxio :(

4. Crisp

Crisp Member

i tried that but when i try to input my avi files into TMPGEnc it only recognises the audio for some bizare reason...maybe im doing something wrong...*goes in search of user guide*

thanx neways tho

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Crisp,

I found this -

AVI to MPEG sound out of sync

The audio could be out of sync for a few reasons. The Most common is that you encoded the AVI file using a different Frame Rate than the AVI files Frame rate. .You can not use most encoders to encode Files to a different Frame Rate so you should always encode the AVI file to Mpeg using the same Frame rate as the AVI file. If your AVI file is 23.976fps you will have to encode it at 23.976fps But use 3:2 Pull down to make it a NTSC DVD Compliant 29.976fps.

Cheers,

"P"

6. Crisp

Crisp Member

the frame rate's definitly ok...is 25fps and everything is set up ok. recently aquired mainconcept so am trying that prog instead...is converting as we speak/as i type so fingers crossed itll all go smooth from here

thanx 4 ur help

crs