1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when I delete fles from my psp they go away but free space doesnt change

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by cduval04, Apr 29, 2007.

1. cduval04

cduval04 Member

Hi I have a question....when I plug my psp in via usb and delete files from it using my computer, (through windows explorer) the files go away but, the free space meter doesnt change....when I delete them directly from my psp it works fine, but i dont want to have to delete every file individually from my psp...

another thing...when I take the memory stick out of the psp and put it in a mem stick reader...and delete files...it works fine also...is this a firmware thing?...I am running custom firmware v3.40oe ...please if you have any input as to why this may be happening or if it is happening to you also ..please post

2. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

Maybe your cpu just says that, try refreshing after you delete.

3. cduval04

cduval04 Member

nah cuz It says it on my psp too...so technically when I delete files using windows explorer they go away but they are not really deleted becuase the space they were taking up is still there..any suggestions....??????

4. cduval04

cduval04 Member

could this have anything to do with my psp's flash being messed up, I was doing a little messing around with the flash to try and reinstall locationfree player to 3.40oe...if so how could I fix this

5. cduval04

cduval04 Member

or could it be a problem with my windows explorer not recognizing the psp right?...because I have this software called action replay ...it lets you transfer music, videos, game saves and photos to the psp using its own interface....and when I use that software it works fine also....if there was something wrong with my flash it wouldn't work in that software either right? answers???

6. jays2k

jays2k Member

I have this same problem. I am using a mac though. and worse.. the only way i can get it to refresh is to erase the whole card via a reformat. when i had a pc (with a built in card reader), I believe i was able to delete off of the card and it would show the correct space. i think it may have something to do with connecting through the usb. but like you said, it does work if you go into the file on the psp and delete from there. that may be the only way to go.

7. kcajblue

kcajblue Regular member

dude, cduval04.
    dont triple post.

and just format your memory stick.