1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when i press X it says you need to activate your software

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by yappster, Sep 11, 2007.

1. yappster

yappster Member

I have just downloaded to games from utorrents, crash bandicot and tony hawk pro skater, i've transferred them to my PSP, and i go to load the games and the file is there and the start menu, but when i press X it says you need to activate your software, any one can help me, thank you

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

You don't have the right system firmware to play the games because you are on official Sony firmware.

In order to play .isos, you need custom firmware, such as 3.40 OE-A or 3.52 M33. In order to get to custom firmware, you need to get to 1.50 first. If you are anywhere between 1.51 and 3.50, follow the guide here:

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guidethe-ultimate-downgrader-guide-90916.html

If you are at 3.51 or 3.52, then you have to use Pandora's Battery and magic memory stick, a battery that will bring your system to service mode and then install 1.50 onto your system from the memory stick.

To make Pandora's battery, you have to have a friend with custom firmware or ask someone here to make it for you. If worse comes to worse, you can buy one on ebay.