1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I transfer hdl 8b iso to my ps2 via winhiip, how do I activate it or whatever?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dahaka128, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Dahaka128

Dahaka128 Member

I extracted my hd loader 8b file into an iso file and tranfered it to my ps2 via winhiip. I started up my ps2 with the hard drive in it and it did the elf boot thing as usual and I went to hdlffp elf file and booted up my hard drive loader but when I clicked on the hd loader 8b iso file, the screen flashed and it seemed to restart my hd loader but this time it had in free letters "FREE". Paying no attention to it, I clicked on the hd loader 8b iso file and went to "Play". The screen then went blank but didnt do anything but give me a black screen. What am I doing wrong? I am trying to update my hd loader to allow me to play final fantasy Xll and dragonball Z budokai tenkaichi 3 if that helps.

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you can't run a hdloader iso from the hdd. it's not going to work. you need to use the hdloader elf file.

take out the old hdloader elf, and put in the 0.8b elf file.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  3. Dahaka128

Dahaka128 Member

Oh oka thnx alot. Yah I took the file off my hard drive, put some other file on the hdd .I think the file is hddl8b.hhimage or something like that.