1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I turn on my Sony Ericsson W800i a Blank white screen keeps on flashing

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by bhee, Apr 1, 2007.

1. bhee

bhee Regular member

Hi everyone I've had a W800i for about a year and when i press the button at the top to turn it on, a white screen keeps on flashing and it just keeps on doing that if someone could please help me Thanks.

2. CCScan

CCScan Member

This sounds like the dreaded WSOD (white screen of death). This can be caused by corrupt firmware. It happened to my daughter's W600i. I had the phone flashed with the latest version of firmware. Also try removing the battery for a few minutes. Have you tried updating the phone with SEUS? Search Google and /or try other sites like howardforums.com, sonyericsson, topsony, etc. Your local cell phone shop may be able to reflash your phone for you if thats what it needs. Also, if the phone is less than a year old, you may be able to get SE to do a warranty repair for you. Good luck.

3. bhee

bhee Regular member

Thanks mate don't need it now it had gurante so i've sent it to SONY but thanks alot for the info.