1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is 360 minutes not 360 minutes ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Nyanko, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Nyanko

Nyanko Member

When I burn a DVD using NeroVisionExpress 3.1.0.0 I'm confused over how it works out how much can fit on a disk.

Before I upgraded I could quite happily fit 5 x 41 minute episodes on a disk at Super Long Play and now after the upgrade it only lets me burn 4.

The description on screen says : Super Long Play - using this quality setting, you can record aboy 360 minutes of video on one disk.

By my calculations 5 episodes at 41 minutes = 205 minutes, yet it always tells me : Your project currently exceeds the capacity of a normal DVD, but still fits on a DVD-9 disc. Do you want the project reduced to fit ? I select yes, but it says it could not be reduced far enough.

Thing is, the videos haven't changed from when I burned them before the upgrade - why is it doing this ?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can just burn them on to your hard drive to fit on a DVD9 or cutom size, and then run it threw Shrink to reduce it so you can fit it on a DVD5 disk.. Other than that I'm not sure why it won't work like it used to as long as you are using the same exact files as you say.