1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when is it ok to delete the files that smartripper creates

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by gator9782, Aug 17, 2002.

1. gator9782

gator9782 Member

im a newbie at this, and everything has been going good so far. but my HD is only 12 gigs, so i run into memory problems late in the creation process. i was wondering when is it ok to delete the files that are created by smartripper since they take up so much room. im not sure if during the process (creating dvd rips in divx form) any of the programs reference these files again after you have created the avi file with DVD2AVI. if anyone could help me out on this it would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

2. GotNissan

GotNissan Guest

you cannot delete any of the .vob files till after the encoding is completed, you should think about adding on another hardrive, that will give you a lot more flexibility. i have an 80 gig which is more than enough room. i will rip 3 movies, set them all up for encode. start the encoding process, get some sleep and when i wake up they are almost done, you couldn't do that with 12 gigs. so an upgrade is highly advisable

3. Deznaj

Deznaj Regular member

If you rip only 1 movie at a time then mostly 10 gigs is more than enough. Still, 12 is really low so I would also advise you to upgrade...40 GB is not very expensive anymore.