1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When moding how do you not get banned so fasted! in secs

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by helpmast, Apr 18, 2007.

1. helpmast

helpmast Member

Hello,
    I just found out how to softmod my xbox, and i went on halo 2 team traning, to mods in some games. WHy is it when i just get in the game i get the trouble shoot problem, and secs later i get banned. I though it took hours before you get banned ??

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Depends if a bungie moderator is in that game.. They detect your modded status immediately and hit the ban button..
    You would have been logged anyway and banned as soon as a moderator looked through the login accounts. You were just unlucky that there was one right on the scene so to speak.
    I heard on the grapevine (I have contacts at bungie) that they now have auto mod detecting software running, so the days of cheats running laggers and modded custom maps are done.
    We have a very low opinion of people who attempt to run modded on xbox-live. The rules are clear for all to see. Even if you did not intend cheating in any way the warnings are clear. Only run stock cold boot from original game on live.

Now you need a new account and xbox. With a new xbox the account will still be OK, but they will be watching you.

Ain't I being nice?.. I normally just laugh.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  3. helpmast

helpmast Member

thanks for the infomation. I know a few other people as well who work for them :) but anyway why didn't they make the anti - cheat software sooner ?? the internet and cheating has been around for the longes time. I would think people would think about this ahead of time :p... some one told me to get a mod chip. but i wont do it lol.. he said you can stay on longer and just turn it on or off with a push of a button .. i don'y like people who use the mods in the rank matchs makes me upset.. but i wonder if they would ever make a moding gaming room :). other question can you play on xbox live just not in match making with out getting banned ??

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

even if you know them, it won't get you on life with a modded box.

they didn't make it sooner because it has to deal with whatever exploits people find and begin to work around. there's no real way for a developer to predict exploits, as they build the system with the intention of no one ever finding any.

your friend is right. you can turn off your mod chip, and play live with an original disc just like with an unmodded box.

those people get banned.

microsoft/bungie won't. private servers may go up that allow it, though.

no.

5. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

if it wasnt for glitches or modding onlive the game would be just boring you know i bet like 30% of people just get halo 2 and mod or do glitches

6. DNELL

DNELL Member

you're right... it is cool to mod halo 2 or glitch... but FOR FUN... not for cheating... (in my opinion)... they ban modders because of people that are actually a level 12 but they show up as a level 40+... get what im sayin?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Why don't you guys try xlink-kai and xbconnect.

Lots of fun with all mods full on. There is one other really big advantage.. It's totally free!!

8. corn

corn Guest

Heard good things about that, have to try it sometime. My stupidity got the best of me, and I signed into Xbox LIVE with my modded maps to show them off. I wanted to do MM, so I took them off, and I was banned.