1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when re-authoring in Shrink...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ZCS626, Jan 7, 2007.

1. ZCS626

ZCS626 Regular member

for the things i do not drag over to the left side of the program, the re-authored sice, will those things that i DO NOT drag over be burned into the movie?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

If you do not move it over to the left side under re-author it will not be burned

3. ZCS626

ZCS626 Regular member

okay, so when i move the menu's, a pop up tells me that it will be just a continous video clip, and the menu buttons will be unusable. is that what all of you guys do?

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

NO that is not what we do.

You will use all of the files on the DVD and you will not use Re-author.
    If you want to keep the menus you can click on the menus that are on the left hand side. Now on the right hand side there is Video and under that there is the word automatic. Click on the box and you will see 5 items you can do to the Menu section. Click on Custom and then make the Menus smaller if that is what you want to do. It really is not hard to do so just play around w/ it. You can do that with all of the other parts on the left hand side if you want to.

Or you could just try and see if Shrink will compress the whole disk enough to put it on a DVD-5 Personally I would use a DVD-9 and use PgeEdit to do a D/L DVD or use DVD-Rebuilder if I wanted to do the whole disk to a DVD-5

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  5. ZCS626

ZCS626 Regular member

yeah, problem is DVD DL's are much more expensive, but it may be a route im going to have to go with all the new movies and the data they have on them for the future. well at least for the movies i care most about.