1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When using dvd Shrink how many GB ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Col_t, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Col_t

Col_t Guest

Hey I want to back up my hollow man dvd and it is a big dvd , I have been using dvd shrink and compressing my files to 4300 GB , The disks i buy are maxell dvd-R and they say they hold 4.7 GB i was wondering how many GB'S i can put on a disk wihtout failure or anyhythign bad hapening because im sure i read some where that you should only put 4300 GB on a disk? Some one please Help me figure out how many GB's I can Put onto one blank dvd

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can put about 4464 GB on a DVD5 disk any more than thet and you would be asking for trouble. The reason a lot of people lower there amount to 4300 GB is to make sure they get a good burn every time. This really helps if your using cheap media. You can bump it up and give it a try. Then play your disk near the end of the movie and see how everything turn's out. You shouldnt have a problem with Maxell those are usually top of the line disk's. You could just experiment between 4300 and 4464 GB to see what works best for you.

Hope this helps you,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  3. Col_t

Col_t Guest

Thanks Alot ill give it a try