1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem When using xKey I keep getting an unreadable disk error.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by angeteen, Jun 12, 2015.

1. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

In the few attempts that I can get my xkey remote to not turn off on me whenever I am using it (usually by waiting for the 360 to fully power on, and then plugging in the jump drive), I have tried various games, and they all have one thing in common…none of them want to work. I keep getting an unreadable disk error every time the disk loads.

The discs that I am using are backup copies of previous games I made back in the day when I was using ixtreme. I have no idea if the discs are still good or not, and since I can't have a modified drive while using xkey, I can't test them either. Still, I have sent them through ABGX, and they came out fine, so I have no idea what is wrong with them.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

With an unmodified drive you can't use burned games. Doesn't matter if you have an RGH/JTAG or an xkey, for burned games you need a flashed drive. The only thing the xkey lets you do is play backups off an external harddrive.

3. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

You have no idea how much time you just saved me. Thanks a bunch. :D

Also, for flashing a drive, same procedure as always or what? I still got the keys and everything, so mine being a liteon, the hard part is out of the way. Just run this through JF, spoof it with the latest ixtreme, and everything works, right?

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

LT 3.0 is the firmware name, iXtreme is a bit too old. Also getting the key off a LiteOn is piece of cake nowadays. But yes, get LT 3.0 and the latest Jungleflasher and you're good to go.

5. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

o_O

I used a Scorpion probe...talk about annoying. The darn thing kept coming loose whenever I attempted to probe the point plus the chance of accidentally hitting the PCB and shorting something out...too much pressure. I really wish that the Probe III were on sell, but weren't they discontinued or something? I got the required file already in my copy of JF...I'll try to mod the drive latter.

Just one more question: whenever I open/close the drive I can no longer get a mixed media message. What gives? Also, yes, I already got everything set up on the .cfg file. Also, no, a USB stick and a 2.5" drive don't make the slightest bit of difference. :mad:

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

I don't know about probes, I got my key using a sewing needle.
    Video here:

Instead of a probe I used a sewing needle connected to the metal case of the Xbox 360.
    Took me about five minutes. About your xkey-problems: I don't have one, so I can't help you there.