1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will there be an official 1.9g update?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by vegalo, Nov 8, 2007.

1. vegalo

vegalo Member

Is the Wiikey development team planning on releasing an official update, because they are calling their current update a beta update, and it still has some bugs in it. If so, when do you guys think it will be out? I am playing SMG with their beta update, but it only plays when I boot the Wii by putting the disc in. Otherwise, it says "unauthorized has been detected". SMG officially comes out on Monday; do you guys think the official update will be out by then?

2. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

why are you complaining about "bugs", does it really bother you to put the disc in to turn it on? I'd just be thankful to team wiikey for making it possible for you to play a game that isnt even out yet.

3. vegalo

vegalo Member

chill out man, what is your deal? I have a valid complaint and question as it is their responsibility to come up with a fix since they have said that it is only a beta and since other modchip makers already have a 100% compatible update.

4. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

actually its not thier responsibility to do anything considering its illegal and i don't have a "deal" im just stating that you should be thankful because other people have to wait until release

5. oosel

oosel Regular member

I thought vegalo had a good question myself. I didnt see him complaining? I think he was just pointing out a problem.

6. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

He/she even says that its "a valid complaint" and i was merly stating to take what we got, and also i see nothing wrong with this update my wii works great.

7. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

About 90% of programs, and updates out there are "beta." People leave things in beta for a reason... because then if there are any bugs to be found... guess what, they can cover their own ass by saying "hey its beta!" The 1.9b released before the galaxy update was beta... I think pretty much all the firmware patches for all the chips are in beta. So to answer your question, I doubt the wiikey will ever have a non-beta firmware update.

8. isobelle

isobelle Member

in other news, pancakes > waffles.

discuss.

9. domo1944

domo1944 Member

Not true. Previous firmware updates from WiiKey were designated as beta and were followed by official releases. Vegalo is right to ask the question but it needs to be directed to WiiKey because only they can provide an accurate answer. The rest is just prattle.

10. Sagadon

Sagadon Guest

Bonus points for using the word 'prattle'.