1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whenever I backup my DVD I erase the ISO from Hard drive but...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by qc95, Dec 8, 2004.

1. qc95

qc95 Member

it seems that even after I delete the iso file from the hard drive that my hard drive space seems to still be getting comsumed. For instance I backed up 2 movies each one was 4.4 Gig (8.8 total). I shrink with DVD Skrink then burn them using Decrypter. After I finish I erase the iso file....but the space still seems to be eaten up after I erase the iso file. I purchased my new machine 3 weeks ago and it has a 80 Gig Hard drive.....I am now down to 30 gig of free space and I don't have anything on the thing except for some Programs (Wordperfect, Word, Excell & Access) and a few less than 1 gig of music. What is eating up all my hard drive space? Is there a temp folder or is the DVD burning saving temp files on my hard drive that I need to erase? Where would I look? Help please!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i might be wrong, but i think the problem is that the iso made with dvd decrypter and the shrunk iso made with dvd shrink are in differnt spots. did you delete both of them? Or, when you delete them, they might be going to your recycle bin.

3. kchev

kchev Regular member

do you have symantec norton's systemworks on your pc?
    or something similar?

if so you have to right click on recycle bin and empty norton protected files
    also be sure to right click and empty recycle bin also

4. qc95

qc95 Member

Thanks guys. I have Norton Antivirus on my computer and I emptied that bin and that solved the space issue. I never knew that I had anything in that bin since every time I click on my regular recyle bin is was empty but apparently the Norton protected recycle bin doesn't show any files in it. I had to just right click it and empty. Anyway it worked. Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.