1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where am i going wrong???

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jrock, May 22, 2003.

1. jrock

jrock Guest

i have used the following 2 guides to make a copy of a dvd. 1)smartripper 2) dvd2one 3) nero express. also used 1) dvddecripter 2) dvd2one 3) nero express. and still after i burn it and try and play it in my standalone home dvd player it won't play. i keep getting disk error. i use an apex ad-1100w and i have ge model i don't know. i thought that it was the dvd's that i had bought.but not, because after i used the dvdxcopy to copy the movie it plays just find in my dvd players..so can anyone help me out please. i believe that i am doing something wrong in the burn..thanks in advance..

2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

You need to get a different stand alone player - some players are fussy about playing recorded DVD-R or +R.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Try other ways of burning.

Nero express is pretty crap, however some people do have success with it.

I originally used nero burning rom, as I could play around with different settings, to make the disc compatible.

I then changed to recordnowmax, available at www.orlogix.com - you can trial it here aswell.

Recnowmax - was perfect and simple to use and I had no compatibility issues.

I shall pm u with a small guide for nero (burning rom) you should have this program.

The guide is by no means bullet proof, but if u have a folder generated by dvd2one, then it will probably work.

Let me know.........