1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where are the files on my comp?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by frankodam, Jan 3, 2005.

1. frankodam

frankodam Member

when I put in a dvd for the second time it just fires up without analysis. where are the files kept? I want to delete them so there is no trace of my use of this program. Is this the way I should be doing this? If not let me know of A better way. That would be kool thanx.

2. colw

colw Active member

Have no idea what you are asking - more info required.

What programs are you using for ripping/compressing/encoding/burning?

Depending on program being used, files are kept where you specify.

Your question cannot be answered without some additional information as to programs used and processes.

3. wild77

wild77 Guest

@frankodam look here [bold]C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink[/bold] ,I believe this is what you are looking for.You can use windows search feature to find these files.

4. frankodam

frankodam Member

sorry for the lack of info. Im in DVD shrink. I am ripping a dvd. And the dvd shrink remembers movis that I have done in the past. I want to remove them completley from my comp. and I can not find them.I try the searck C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink and nothing is found.If you know where they could be please ley me know. thanx

5. wild77

wild77 Guest

If you are using Windows XP and Shrink version 3.2.0.15 go to [bold]Start>Search>All Files and Folders[/bold] then copy and paste C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink in the search box.It will take you to all the files created during analysis by Shrink.I just checked mine and they are there.Dont copy the(file name) in bold letters as it will not work for some reason,then paste it in [bold]All or part of the file name[/bold] box

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2005
  6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink

Application Data is a hidden folder so if you don't see it you will have to show hidden folders.

Tools > Folder Options... > View tab > Advanced settings: Show hidden files and folders

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I have over 900 files in this folder taking up 58mb. Is it ok to delete these files?

8. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Yes, you can remove them. The smaller files contain the quick analysis that happens when you open a dvd or open files or a ISO. The larger files also contain any deep analysis that was done.

Of course if you remove them then any analysis or deep analysis done for that disc would have to be done again for that disc.

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Thanks for the info Veblin.

10. Arrow54

Arrow54 Member

Anyone know how get to the hidden files with Windows Millennium?