1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are the new SACD rock releases!

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by JimiHead, Oct 9, 2003.

1. JimiHead

JimiHead Member

I wish they would put out some classic Hendrix in the format that would be sweet.

But not just to dwell in the past I wish there was more modern rock releases in SACD. On a positive note, I picked up an indie SACD from a group called Suitcase Pimps and it is stellar. The sound quality is excellent. Now if I could just get "Are you Experienced" in SACD.

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

3. JimiHead

JimiHead Member

Thanks but no thanks...SACD sound quality is better.

If you get a chance check out that Suitcase Pimps...wish there were more releases like that.

4. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Hehehe. Have you actually heard good DVDA?
    I mean proper 24/96 multichannel, not DTS or DD.
    ;-)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  5. listen

listen Member

I thought most SACD's were conversions from PCM anyway... meaning that you could lose quality by the DSD process, or if you're very lucky it might stay the same (to your ears at least)...

Maybe new ones are being recorded DSD all the way, I don't know? And whether that is actually a good thing or not.....

6. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

Actually, MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs) [bold]is[/bold] currently making direct DSD 'all-the-way' SACDs using some proprietary method called, "Gain 2", but like listen says, whether that's a good thing or not...... <g>

http://www.mofi.com/gain2.htm

JimiHead, (I'd like to have the three, core Hendrix albums too, in high-definition audio (Are You Experienced; Axis: Bold As Love; Electric Ladyland)[bold]..........[/bold]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[bold]..........[/bold] but make mine in DVDA please. Just to make your life a little bit harder, did you hear about the new 'anonymous' Rolling Stones hybrid sacds?

ABKCO records are re-re-re-releasing their entire Stones' catalogue, methinks. The discs are unmarked, (a promotional tool), -- in other words, you have no way of knowing if that [bold]"Goats Head Soup"[/bold] music cd in the store is the old music cd-only version, or the new hybrid cd/sacd combo disc.

[​IMG]

They are priced (supposedly) at only $1 above regular cd prices.

Not very nice to plunk down your moola not knowing what it is you are getting for your money. Pretty desperate marketing tool for sacd, doncha think?

White-collar conspirators hawking on the street, pointing their plastic SACDs at me. They're hoping my DVDAs will drop and die, but I'm going to crank my volume high -- [bold]Way up high[/bold]. Conspire on, conspire on .... Fall SACDs, just don't fall on me. Sell on Mr. Business Man, you can't 'DSD' me.

(Play on, brother). <hee-hee> :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003