1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I buy a premodded wii.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by angeteen, Jan 19, 2008.

1. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

It seems that finding anyone who sells a premodded wii is harder than you would think. What's even harder tham that is trying to find someone that won't rip you off. Seriously, my math may be weak, but I know that a $250 console + $20-$50 modchip should not equal $550-$600. Yes, I'm aware they have to sodder the stuff on, but even so shouldn't that just kick the price for the entire thing up to $400-$450? What's even more ridiculous is that some people are actually selling a non-modded console for around $380-$445? Weren't these things only $250 at launch?

Anyway, my complaints aside, I'm trying to find someone who will give me, not a good deal, but a *reasonable* deal. If anyone knows of any such places to go that would be of considerable help. Then again, seeing as how Wlip is going to be released next week, maybe it would be better to buy try that route instead. Ah well...I'll see what a premodded console costs (in effort as well as cost) and run that against the cheaper method of buying a console + modchip + wlip. Maybe if I give things until April the prices of a Wii console will drop considerably. Or does everyone think the prices will remain sky high?

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

You do know that Wiis are hard to come by correct? That is why the prices are so high.

What makes me sick is that some greedy people rush to the stores to buy a Wii and then immediately afterwards they sell it on Ebay. They do not care about the system, they just care about the money.

3. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

I live in Toronto Ontario and I know people are selling Out-Of-The-Box modded wii's for 460$ (That's canadian dollars), and played ones for as low as 400$. This seems like a fair price for the D2CKey right? But it really depends on your location. I just grabbed one a while ago, shipped it off to get chipped, after all the costs it came out to around 420$ CAD. You can try that route as well if you like.

4. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

I can understand the entire supply/demand thing well enough, but even so, that doesn't change the fact that they are still squeezing people for all their worth. What are the odds of prices dropping sometime by this April? Sorry if I seem to be digressing from the original topic, but in a way, it is related. It's just that while I don't mind paying $400-$450 for a premodded console, I just can't justify the expense of what most people are asking for. It is just beyond all understanable rational and expectincy.

5. shummyr

shummyr Regular member

uexboxmods.com

Used Him Twice So Far and both time have been wonderful
    Service is top Notch

Also Does Send in service where you send him it he mods it and sends it back

Sells and Ships Premodded and modded consoles

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  6. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

Thanks for the help, but the only problem though is that he is doing what I was griping about earlier. $400 for a non-modded console and $580 for a modded one. The $100 to do the moding for you sounds ridiculous especially since it's done through the mail. I mean really...it's not like this guy can't just take you're system and chip and then be like "sorry bub, but we never recieved, so I guess it's you're lost. BTW; do you want to buy a premodded console from us." >_<

Okay, yes I admit that my paranoia and distrust of internet scam sites is kicking in, but seriously; this all reeks of the guy who promised 2,500 people a Wii (to the tune of ($400), and then sold his company and premises and was goooooone. Put "wii" and "ozone" into a search engine if you want to konw more.

Also, as another mentioned, yes it is terrible that someone is exploiting people by charging almost twice the price due to the current shortage, but then you've got to admit, people are stupid. It may not be nice, but that doesn't mean that's not true. I mean the only reason that people are selling stuff this high in the first place is because they are people who are dumb enough to pay that amount. If it wasn't for that then this current inflation that we're seeing wouldn't even be a problem. It would be more of a "offer it at a reasonable price, or we'll shop with someone else."

Ah well...not much can be done about it I guess. Maybe using Wlip would be a better idea? That way you don't have to do any soddering. That...and waiting a few months for prices to drop. Does anyone think that will happen anytime soon? Hopefully sometime in April, and if not, then there's always next year. By then you would probably be able to get the things cheper than $250.

7. shummyr

shummyr Regular member

Theres Hardly Any Installers in The USA any more that do wii mods
    espescially from being down in Next to mexico im in arizona/new mexico
    area and it gets the job done

8. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

I'm still doing mods here in Texas. Not really scared of being caught or anything like that since I keep a low profile.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  9. SL7Rips

SL7Rips Regular member

i Do MOds In Roswell,NM

10. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

if you have a system then try looking on www.craigslist.com in your local area. i got mine modded for $80. i dont want to sound like a fanboy or anything but lets face it. the wii doesnt match the capabilities of the 360 or the ps3... and if it wasnt for the controls it would barely be better than the gamecube. i would recommend getting a REAL next gen system. i mean my wife and my nieces love the wii but for us serious gamers, we gotta go with the 360 and or the PS3. dont get me wrong, i like the wii just fine. but i would rather play COD4, assassins creed, or the orange box than metroid prime 3, super mario galaxy, or wii sports.

11. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Guys - let's be a little more discreet on the modding bit. Remember this is a public forum + advertising that here isn't allowed.

12. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

Right; sorry about that binkie7. I was more concerned about where to buy what, rather than who can do what. At any rate I decided to go with the Wlip method. I need to know wheather the legs are cut or not, or, heaven forbid, wheather or not it's the umodable version. Because I don't think this is exactly related to modding, but more to information about the system, this is what I want to know; how can I tell what type my Wii is?

Using some kind of Wii tracker, I foud out that there is a 50% chance that mine is the ones without the cut legs. The serial number is LU332178095. Because it is 330 it shoud be the one without the legs cut, correct?

Also, if I'm overstepping any bounds by asking this, let me know and I'll edit this post.

13. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

No you're fine on that angeteen.
    The where to get my wii modded, who will mod etc. basically lead to advertisement of modding that isn't allowed here.

14. Spartan28

Spartan28 Regular member

I just sold my modded wii with wiikey for $440. Now, im waiting for my moneyorder next week. Then i have to ship it to the guy. Planning to get a ps3 80gb. I bought my wii used for $125 and $100 to mod it so paid 225$ for a used modded wii good deal but its got so boring and i hate single player and love multiplayer online. i already got a 360 and enjoy tht but wii is not fun without anyone to play with.

15. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

Thanks for the information, but as I said, I already bought a Wii, I just need Wlip and a mod-chip to be able to play backups. The only thing is I need to know if mine is the one with or without the legs cut. I've already posted the seria number once, but in case anyone missed it, here it is again.

Serial Number: LU332178095

16. XboxHazE

XboxHazE Guest

17. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

Thanks for the advice, but that' the site I was referring to. What I got back reads as follows;

There is a 50% chance that your drive chip is a GC2-D2C

There is a 50% chance that the pins on your drive chip are not cut

Tah-da! So what this means is that it's time to put my tool set to use and see what I can take apart. Fortunatly I've already been to Wlip's site already, and it shows how to do it (that and how to install their product). BTW; I just upgraded my system as soon as it arrived so as to avoid it being "bricked." Did I just shoot myself in the foot as far as installing a modchip is concerned?

The reason I question the update is because it said that, with unauthorized modifications, an update can ruin it. Does this mean that installing a modchip after the update might mess it up, or does it mean that installing a modchip, then doing an update, might mess it up?

At any rate what I need now is some pics of what a cut and an uncut legs on a Wii looks like. I've tried some searching on the internet, and so far, nothing. Well...at any rate some good news is at least I don't have the "unmodable" version whose serial number starts with LE (Wlip won't work with it).

18. XboxHazE

XboxHazE Guest

Double check your serial #. I have only seen that response when the serial # was entered wrong.

The update will not effect its ability to be modded. Even after it is modded it can take updates.

Go here and you will see pics of both.

http://forums.nintendo-scene.com/index.php?topic=478.0

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  19. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

Thanks. I'll read over it. Also, as for the serial number, here it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23144372@N07/2217719185

Accurate enough? :p

Looks like I'll be returning this to the store. D2C with uncut legs...unheard of? Any links to pics that contains cut and uncut legs as well as to a DS2 chip so that I can tell the difference myself?I don't know...it may cost more, but if all you're going to get you're hands on are DS2 counsels, it may be better to buy one that is already premodded. Hmm...is it against the rules to ask if anyone has one they wouldn't mind selling? I think it would be, but I'm not sure.

Also I found something of interest; http://madmods.net are these people reliable? Their prices are too good to be true which means they are most likely a scam. If anyone can verify their reliability let me know. The fact that the last update was in October kind of worries me.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008