1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Can I Buy An Original Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Spenman91, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Well, now I have a problem. They don't want me to do a hard mod any more they just want it to be softmodded. So I am trying to do this as we speak and I keep getting the error message.....(Failure, Batch process failed, the last item was, Action: Rename)

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

What installer are you trying to use?

3. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

The one using Mechassault. When it loads up it give you the option of Netherlands or Enlish or something like that, the background looks similar to the normal one only its blue. Edit....I forgot to mention that I have a another xbox (this one is softmodded) setting right next to me if that helps.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  4. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Sorry I'm being impatient........but i have 3 hours before they come back to pick their Xbox up so if someone could help it would be nice. But I guess I can always look through some threads and try to find an answer if you all are busy. Thanks

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If you want to know how to take something apart google for "take it apart" it's a site with detailed videos and pikkies etc

6. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Thanks, but I don't need to take anything appart, I need help with the error message I'm getting when I try to softmod an Xbox.

7. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I can get the Xbox to FTP and I've got all of the files from the softmodded Xbox on my computer Since I can FTP the unmodded Xbox can I copy the dashbord folder from the modded xbox to the unmodded one? When I say dashbord folder I mean E/dashbord or something like that, anyway I looked in that folder and it has all of the files in it for the UnleashX dashbord. As far as I can tell that dashbord folder is the only difference in the softmodded xbox and the unmodded one. Does anybody have any suggestions.

8. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I can get the Xbox to FTP and I've got all of the files from the softmodded Xbox on my computer Since I can FTP the unmodded Xbox can I copy the dashbord folder from the modded xbox to the unmodded one? When I say dashbord folder I mean E/dashbord or something like that, anyway I looked in that folder and it has all of the files in it for the UnleashX dashbord. As far as I can tell that dashbord folder is the only difference in the softmodded xbox and the unmodded one. Does anybody have any suggestions.....BTW sorry about the tripple post I just realised I did that.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  9. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Yeah, you can copy the softmod from the other Xbox to the unmodded. As long as everything matches up, you should be fine.

And sorry if this post was too late. I fell asleep early last night.

10. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I tried copying it, and everything under the E portion matched up but When I rebooted the Xbox it loaded the MS dashbord as usuall. Is there anything else under any of the other portions that needs to get coppied so it works? And one thing I forgot to mention, the only folder that I didn't copy from the softmodded Xbox to the unmodded one was the backup folder, and that was because it had files in it such as, eeprom, hdd key, and bios. I figured that I wouldn't need that folder becuase it wouldn't match that Xbox and I should just create a new backup later. Also, I didn't replace any of the files in the E portion I just added the files that weren't there. Sorry if that sounds confusing. But I am going to have another chance to attempt to mod it again so I'm not in that big of a hurry any more.

11. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Did you make sure all exploit files were on the C partition? If you don't have those, the softmod won't even activate.

12. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I didn't think anything in the C portion changed,I thought that it was the portion with all stuff for the MS dashbord.

13. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

The MS dash is stored on the C partition, as well as all files directly related to it's operation. Many soft mods exploit the flaw in the font files, forcing the Xbox to boot the EvoX dash on the C partition or have it boot a shortcut xbe on the C that will boot a dash from a different location.

14. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

So pretty much all I need to do is go into the C portion and copy the files from the softmodded Xbox to the unmodded Xbox just like I did with the E portion.

15. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Pretty much. As long as everything matches up properly, you should be fine.

16. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Oh ok, thanks alot for all your help.