1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Can I Buy DVD9's In The UK

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SKIP, Nov 11, 2003.

1. SKIP

SKIP Guest

where can i get hold of DVD9's in the UK..am i right in thinking that i would be able to get the full movie onto a DVD9..without having to shrink the movie...and would i be able to copy straight from DVD ROM and and burn it to a DVD9...or would i still have to run it through DVD Decrypter.

2. CyberLord

CyberLord Guest

If I understand your question, you can't buy DVD-9 DVD-R, or DVD+R disks. DVD-9 disks are used by manufacturers to make disks we watch. The only disks you can buy to burn onto are DVD-5.
    DVD+R has announced that they will be selling DVD-9 disks next year or early 2005 if I remember correctly. DVD-R has announced that they will match this soon after.
    Both may be moot. Blue laser disks may be on the market soon after which will mean MUCH LARGER capacities.
    Sorry for the long post but the net answer is you can't buy DVD-9s to do what I think you want to do.

3. koola

koola Guest

Like CyberLord said, you carn't get them YET! You need to special DVD writer drive for DVD9. Commercial DVD's (the ones you buy at the shops)are currently pressed together to form two layers.

I would recommend you wait for Blu Ray!

4. SKIP

SKIP Guest

Thanks Cyberlord and Koola...just that i see on a forum somewhere that somebody was using them...when these larger capacity disk's come out will we have to still go through DeCrypting and shrinking or will we be able to do straight copies from the rom drive to the writer...Many Thanks

5. koola

koola Guest

Probs not, they will see this and make it so that we will have to decrypt, rip an burn or just improve on the current encryption.

6. SKIP

SKIP Guest

Koola am i doing something wrong...because i see lots of people saying they rip movies after the have Decrypted and shrunk them...i have not ripped any of my movies {3}...and is this why on a certain movie i backed up i could not hear what they was saying when they was whispering...apart from that the sound tracks and the Voice modulation as been superb...i have only been doing this a few days.

7. koola

koola Guest

Follow my guides at my website below or here at afterdawn for a correct backup solution.

8. SKIP

SKIP Guest

Hi Again Koola...The shrink i use is the V3.0 Beta with claims no ripping is needed...been trying to access your website but it must be down or something...i'll try again later...but i will do as you tell me because you know more than me and know what your talking about..thats the reason im a newbie.