1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I download GBA roms?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by martian07, Feb 14, 2007.

1. martian07

martian07 Member

I am trying to get non-patched GBA roms. Also, if I want the complete sets of roms should I be obtaining the merged sets? Are the merged sets patched or trimmed? Please excuse me if I am using the incorrect terminology as I am still learning about all of this. http://grn.dl.am/ seems to have roms up to the most recent releases although it appears that once they are unzipped they need to be renamed from a .bin extension to a .gba extension (At least for Visualboy Advance to play it; is this true for carts/cards in a GBA SP?). Are there torrents or eMule links that will provide what I am looking for? If someone could explain the difference between merged sets and clean dumps I would have a better understanding of this too. Thank you.

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

sets contain 100 roms each (usually). i have no idea what you mean by merged sets =P. probably sets like 1-100 and 101-200 put together...
    what your doing by downloading from grn is just taking a single rom at a time. the roms i got from there were always .gba... the format necessary for running on the ds. when i download from grn, i get a zip file with a folder which contains another zip file which contains the rom (untrimmed; clean).
    clean dumps are dumps of the game untrimmed. trimming occurrs because of the fact most games have dummy files to meet the 4MB, 8MB, 16MB, 32MB, or 64MB(maybe) standard. they usually fall a bit short. trimming DS roms usually result in the loss of some wifi features. i havent ever heard of trimmed gba roms though.
    you may also want to check out emuparadise. but grn has always worked.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Actually clean dumps are more than just untrimmed, they are exact copies of what was on the original cartridge, with no modifications done, this includes trimming/ripping/patching/hacking/trainers/etc.

4. martian07

martian07 Member

Does anyone know if the Gameboy Advance Roms Collection Pack's by Dsnake are "clean" compilations? I've been getting those via eMule. Thanks!

5. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

there is a better way to get them than torrents. go to frozen-roms.net and you can download gba and nds roms

6. martian07

martian07 Member

True! Just trying to avoid downloading thousands of individual files. That may be the FASTER method though!