1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where can i find an upgrader from3.11 to 3.50

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by hisi, Oct 5, 2007.

1. hisi

hisi Guest

dont know where to find one to download onto psp 3.50
    everywhere i look there are DOWN graders from 3.50 but i need a link where i can find it!! tried official site and only offer 3.71 and dont want that
    cheers

2. hisi

hisi Guest

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

3.50 Official Firmware HERE.

You trying to downgrade with lumines game exploit downgrader?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  4. hisi

hisi Guest

yes got lumines just following all advice i can tried alsorts cant get to work

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you update to 3.50 yet?

If not create a folder and name it UPDATE then place the 3.50 EBOOT renamed to EBOOT.PBP into the update folder.

Now drag the UPDATE folder to your /PSP/GAME folder on the PSP memory stick.

The directory would be ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP

Now go to the Game menu memory Stick and run the update.

If it doesn't work tell me what the error message is or what the problem is.

After you get upgraded to 3.50 I will help with downgrading.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  6. hisi

hisi Guest

cheers i will try that when i get home from work tonight and let you know how it goes really thanks alot im not up to speed on alot of this stuff otherwise i would nt of been silly enough to buy one with 3.11 last dec lol

7. hisi

hisi Guest

HEY LARRY
    thanks now updated to 3.50 so ready for the next stage if you dont mind it would be a real help!!
    cheers
    si

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

First make sure your battery level is at 75% or higher plus make sure your PSP is plugged into the AC Adapter.

Format your memory Stick via System Settings.

Download this 350_DOWNGRADER file HERE.

Extract it (a PSP folder will be extracted).

Drag the PSP folder to the root of your Memory Stick (The root is the main directory that has the PSP/MP_ROOT folder in)

If you do this correctly it should ask you to Overwrite choose YES TO ALL when it asks this. If it dosen't then format your PSP Memory Stick again and try draging the folder again. (All your doing is replacing the PSP folder that came in the 350_DOWNGRADER with the PSP folder on your PSP)

Now insert the Lumines UMD game and start it.

Press START when it tells you to press START.

It should load the save game, then the screen should fill with a light blue color and then restart the PSP (When the PSP restarts or if it doesn't restart go to system settings and check and see if system software says 3.50HEN)

If it says 3.50HEN then proceed below. If it doesn't say 3.50HEN then try doing the steps above again till it shows 3.50HEN.

When it says 3.50HEN go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run UPDATE X.YZ

If you have a TA-82 or higher motherboard it will need to patch the board so it can be safely downgraded. It will not downgrade to 1.50 till it is patched. So if you get a message that says it needs to be patched then agree to it. It will patch it then reboot back to XMB. You will need to run the UPDATE X.YZ again after it patches the motherboard to downgrade to 1.50 firmware.

If you do not have a TA-82 or higher motherboard then it will automatically downgrade to 1.50 firmware.

Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, after pressing it will reset itself.

Now when booting up the PSP again you will probably get a blue screen with a bunch of TEXT on it. Just press O if you do and then the PSP will reboot and you will have to reenter your settings.

After you do that step you should now be at 1.50 firmware. Go to System Settings and check to see if you are.

When you get to 1.50 let me know I will then give a guide to updating to Custom Firmware.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  9. hisi

hisi Guest

thanks again
    and once again at work, i am a paramedic in south uk so work funny days and hours but i will let you know how it goes cheers
    si

10. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

you could just use the 3.11 downgrader using lumines by Fanjita&team N00Bz

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Read the full thread. They are already at 3.50 and the 350HEN Lumines seemed to work better then the 3.11 from noobz. I have tried both ways myself. Had a heck of a time getting the PSP into HEN when using the 3.11 downgrader.

12. hisi

hisi Guest

hi larry
    sorry i must be doing something wrong i do all you say but i never get the bit that says 'overwrite' how many times do i try it ????
    ok so i keep trying and see but what i will do is note everything on my stick and make sure i have everything there b4 download and then ill tell you every thing after ok !!!
    FORMATED STICK
    B4 DOWNLOAD:

OK WHEN I USE USB MY COMPUTER SCREEN HAS THESE FILES

MP_ROOT MUSIC

PICTURE PSP

VIDEO MEMSTICK
    IND File
    0kb

I OPEN MP_ROOT:

100MNV01 101ANV01 (BOTH FOLDERS EMPTY)

I OPEN VIDEO,PICTURE,MUSIC (ALL EMPTY)

I OPEN PSP:

COMMON GAME

SAVE DATA SYSTEM
    (ALL FILES EMPTY)

SO I LOAD YOUR UPDATE ON MEMRY STICK AS YOU SAID:
    into the MP_ROOT
    all still empty every where else but

I OPEN MP_ROOT:

100MNV01 101ANV01 (BOTH FOLDERS EMPTy)
    but then i get another folder with
    PSP
    I OPEN THAT AND IT HAS THESE FILES
    GAME

HEN_350

SAVE DATA
    (WHEN IOPEN THEM THERE IS ALL THE FILES)

MY SYSTEM STILLS SAYS 350 ONLY

sorry mate am i doing something wrong cant work it out????
    si

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Format the Memory Stick again via system settings.

Now connect PSP and PC via USB.

This isn't that hard to understand.

Drag the PSP folder that was extarcted to the PSP Memory Stick in the directory that has...

MP_ROOT/MUSIC/PICTURE/PSP Folders.

All your doing is overwriting the PSP folder that is listed on the Memory Stick with the PSP folder that was extarcted.

14. hisi

hisi Guest

larry
    Tops mate sorted soz you were right it was simple thanks ok so now i have 1.5o version
    look forward to your next messages to updating to custom firmware.
    si

15. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Use here to upgrade your PSP FW from 1.5 to 3.52 M33-4. From here on, u may upgrade to 3.71 m33-2 with 1.5 kernel addon.

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Follow these steps...

3.52 M33 HERE

3.52 M33-4 HERE

3.52 firmware HERE

1.50 firmware HERE

Download the 3.52 M33 CFW linked above. Extract the file.

Download both the 1.50 and 3.52 firmware. You need to re-name the 3.52 firmware to 352.PBP the 1.50 firmware to 150.PBP. Then add them to the M33CREATOR folder.

Now copy the M33CREATOR folder and the kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders to the PSP MS directory of ms0:/PSP/GAME folder (If you don't have that folder directory on your memory stick then format the memory stick via System Settings so they are created).

Now go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run the KXploit Permanent Patcher. It should run and say patched successfully and reboot back to the XMB.

Now go to game Menu Memory Stick and run the M33CREATOR.

After you run the M33CREATOR it should reboot back to the XMB. It should have created a 3.52 M33 update which you need to select in the Game Menu Memory Stick.

It will flash the files to the PSP and you should be at 3.52 M33 firmware. If it is then format your MS.

Now extract the 3.52 M33-4 update.

Drag the PSP folder that is in the update M33-4 into the root of the MS overwriting the files when it asks you to. Now go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run the m33-4 update. This will only take a few seconds.

After the update is finished check and make sure it says 3.52 M33-4 for firmware. If it does say 3.52 m33-4 then format the MS 1 more time.

You are now updated to 3.52 M33-4.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  17. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

What he said. Too lazy to post details ^_^

Anyway upgrade to 3.71 m33-2 afterwards cuz it sounds cooler :p

18. hisi

hisi Guest

HI LARRY +RAV
    thanks for your advice larry i ahve completed it step by step as you said but i have some problems
    when i try to run kxploiter patcher it says does not apply to this firmware..........
    when i try to run M33CREATOR it says PBP signature don't match press x to exit
    and on the stick there are two folders with currupt data
    where am i going wrong
    cheers
    si

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You are sure your at 1.50 system software?

If you are then you should have no issues with the above steps.

Make sure you place the 150.PBP and 352.PBP files in the M33CREATOR.

Now drag the 3 folders kxploitpatcher, kxploitpatcher% and M33CREATOR to the /PSP/GAME folder.

It kinda sounds like your not downgraded to 1.50 yet. Go to system settings then system information and check the system software.

20. hisi

hisi Guest

larry
    spot on mate all sorted took my time and it worked i was download on 1.50 so i started again and it all is updated now to 3.52m33-4 i can now look forward to homebrew, once again thanks for your patience
    cheers
    si