1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where can i find some Ritek G04?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by guinnyss, Feb 25, 2005.

1. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

Shoptech is not selling Ritek G04 any more. where can i find some at?

2. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

meritline.com

3. kinza

kinza Regular member

like JLebowski said, meritline.com

great site

4. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

Thanks.

5. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Maxell dvd-r's 4x 50 pks are all ritek go4's as far as I can tell. Just the 50's so far.

6. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

just the 50's?

7. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Yes. I got them at office depot on sale for $19.95 a pack. So far all the ones in the 50 packs are go4's.

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey guinnyss, Office depot has 50 packs of maxell's for $35 and yet another spindle free.100 discs for $35.sale ends today.I was surprised how many they had left yesterday,I only need 100 plus-ricohjpn-01

Bigwop stated their yellow tops were ritek-g04's. I bought some a few weeks ago in the 25 packs that were also ritek-go4.I thought I had my system down for maxell's till I ran into those ritek's,they were still pretty darn good.

Here is what you want to look for, All those maxell -4x yellowtops have pretty much the same "shrink" wrapper, The discs with ritek will have a yellow sticker stating "made in taiwan" covering the spot that says made in Japan. Just look for that yellow sticker.

Those yellowtops are also produced by mxl-rg02 and ty-g01. Those are the codes when you find the Japanese yellowtops. I prefer them.

Hey bigwop or anybody else,that local office depot had 100 pack spindles of maxell +8x- Purple tops, and 100 packs of maxell -8x Orange tops for about $70-$80, have you heard of these? These were all made in Japan.Looks like what I have been reading about, maxell is getting rid of their 4x medis in favor of 8x.

9. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

I think most manufactures are doing away with the 4x for 8x. Cuz that what Shoptech did with the 4x G04's.

10. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey guinnyss, I prefer the 4x. Some of that 8x media is letting me get 16x if I leave my burns set on max.Way too fast for my comfort level. All those -4x maxell's will only let me burn 4x,which I prefer.

11. kinza

kinza Regular member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  12. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

I agree with you "saugmon" i still have a pack of 50 DVD-R G05's that i didn't open as yet due to the first 50 i used out of the 100 pack. So 4x all the way.

13. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Yes this is a great deal and correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't G05 refer to the dvd-r and not the +r?

14. kinza

kinza Regular member

yeah i think so, i have never used the 8x media so i wouldn't know.