1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where can i get an external case for my lg drive?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by xazne273x, Sep 5, 2007.

1. xazne273x

xazne273x Member

where can i get an external case for my lg drive, so that i can dump wii games on my laptop? that gives a good price on it and quick shipping.

2. oosel

oosel Regular member

If you find one and it works for dumping games let me know! Mine will work internally, but I tried puting it in a external enclosure usb 2.0 connection and it wont let me dump games no more. It gives errors about 1/3 through the dump.

But to answer your question newegg.com has been good to me for stuff like that.

3. xazne273x

xazne273x Member

alright, i'll get one from newegg.

have u try cleaning ur disc? becuz when i had my lg drive install to my desktop before, sometime it gave me disc reading error while i was dumping the game. after i clean it with one of those cd/dvd cleaner things, it work again

4. oosel

oosel Regular member

I tried several times in my pc it works great! In the external enclosure it errors. Back and forth results never change. But it could be the external drive inclosure itself I dont know.

5. xazne273x

xazne273x Member

thats the problem before i make the purchase for the external case for the drive, dont know if it will work or not.

6. oosel

oosel Regular member

Ok, I bought this one http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817366013
    As soon as its done dumping I will post back, It looks like its gona work!

So that does prove my theory some external enclosure's dont work its hit and miss! Thats assuming it finishes dumping. I will report back for sure and let you know.

7. oosel

oosel Regular member

It worked fine. So if your looking for one that you know will work this is one of them.