1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I get Some supplies for my Mod-Chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Omega45, May 8, 2003.

1. Omega45

Omega45 Member

I just got my Messiah 2 pro in the mail, and I have everything I need to install except the wires for everything except the 3.45v wire. I need some 35/36 swg wire (32/33 awg). I cant find a place to buy it nearby, and I want to install tomorrow, so... I have heard that you can take this wire out of some old electronics. THX for ur help.

2. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

go to radio shack.

--Get yourself a tester to test your connections, and test them one at a time. This will avoid u later having to look for a short. Takes time but trust me, it's worth it.
    --Don't rush this.
    --Get some solder paste (flux)- this makes your connection hold more.
    --Make sure your solder irons is 15 watts - too much heat will damage your ICs, and don't keep the point of the iron on the board longer than 2 sec, 3 maximum.
    --Make sure your bits point is very small and shiny. I use sand paper to keep it shiny. A dark dirty point make the solder harder to melt.
    --This is not a must, but I use it. Solder cleaning solvent from radio shack. I use it to clean up the board of dust and whatever. If u do get it make sure u use it in a well ventilated area with a mask. It's lethal if inhaled.
    Most of these things u can return for a refund when done, like:
    the solder paste
    tester
    solder cleaning solvent

I install magic 3.1s and don't know much about messiah, so that's it for now. Anymore questions just holla. Good luck!!

3. telescope

telescope Regular member

how is the magic 3.1
    Did u hav any problems with it so far
    Pleez tell me

4. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

You don't need special gauge wire for the power and ground. U can just run extra wire to the 3.5v and ground to it with your existing wire you already have.

5. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

I have no problems with the magic 3.1. Problems usually occur as a result of installation errors. I hear alot of people complain but I have no problems. I don't install in early version machines, no matter what chip, V5- V7. For my earlier version customers I recommend a trade for a later version machine or the slide card.