1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I play this game?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Wyattspop, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

My son and I love Burnout 3 Takedown, originally a PS2 game, but we broke the ribbon cable on our PS2. Xbox made the game too, but I only have an Xbox360 modded with a demon chip. Where and how can we play this game without buying another PS2 console? Is there an emu for it? A way to play original Xbox games on a 360?
    Thank you

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

will check after i get back from work whether it's worth playing on a 360.If the 360 doesn't have a version for it then it requires emulation to run.The problem with emulation is it means your running an operating system at the same time your using the 360 software.The 360 is weak when it comes to memory & you'll get serious lag on it (game slows to a crawl).IMO you should get an original xbox (1st gen) & modchip it.Install a 2tb hdd then fill it with games including coin-ops 7,the xbox is superior to the ps2 & doesn't require discs to play games once chipped. (PS2 can run games from hdd as well ,however your still stuck with a weaker console)

games can be got from here including ps2 iso's,only games that are no longer in production can be got
    http://www.theisozone.com/

xbox.......................$50.00 nz
    modchip.................$20.00 duo $nz
    2tb hdd...................$125.00 nz seagate 2.5" expansion
    IDE-SATA adapter..$5.00-15.00 ebay the cheapest or buy local the dearest
    solder chip..............$50.00

3. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

I should have told you what equipment I'm already sporting, I have a flashed and J-tagged-modded Xbox 360 slim, with a demon chip to boot, plus a 1TB internal HDD. I obviously don't want to buy an old school Xbox to play one PS2 game when I've got this beast. I was just hoping there was a way to play an OG Xbox game on a 360 or find an Emu to play this PS2 title. If not, I guess I'll have to drop $40 to buy a PS2 console to play Burnout 3 again. Thanks for answering.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Didn't miss you have an rgh.Only the early fat 360's can be j-tagged no matter what anyone tells you.a jtag is basically a softmod no modchip required

B3 seems to run ok so long as i have it in letterbox mode 4:3.For some reason using wide 1080p makes the game crash,strange that ! as i used it in wide the last time i played it.

OK unless you have the emulator files & the partition you'll need these to play originals (see link).All original games have to be installed to an internal hard drive on the 360,as far as i'm aware it won't run from an external hdd
    http://www.realmodscene.com/index.p...lay-xbox1-classic-xbox-games-on-your-jtagrgh/

Creating the partition if you don't already have it will NOT delete any files

edit: if in my first post above you can't get b3 for free,i'll upload it to mega..unbelievable it's down they must be doing server maintenance or it's under ddos attack

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  5. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Scorp, sorry, you're correct, it's an RGH mod indeed. It does have an internal 1TB installed (I know, I bought the HD at Best Buy and my "guy" installed it). I paid 2 separate guys to do work on my unit, the first I paid "flashed" it as I recall, the second did much more work, the RGH, the internal HDD etc...I asked and paid for the "best" when I learned the first guy I paid only did some soft mod thing I could have done myself. I didn't ask the second guy what he did, I just asked for the works so I wouldn't have to go to still another modder. My boy was too young to play online so the chip was pointless (I'm not a gamer, only nostalgic old school Namco-type stuff) but now he wants to play Minecraft with other kids, I've bought that game like 4 times already, the Xbox, the Pocket Edition for his Samsung Galaxy tablet, my S6 Edge +, my wife's Kindle Fire HD, and I learned there are "White" sites he can play safely with other children, but I don't know how to do this. I did pay for Xbox Live Gold, but don't know how to use it to join white sites of Minecraft....so confusing....but all paid for. Thanks again

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Minecraft uses open to the public servers,there is no white as far as i'm aware,not too mention it would be hard to police who were kids vs who aren't.The only way it could be done is by inviting his friends to a private server,not sure how this is done on live,but on LiNK it's quite easy so long as port forwarding works on the router,however this requires others to use modded consoles i.e jtag or rgh

You mention old school ! unfortunately you don't live nearby,otherwise i'd loan you one of my original xbox's,i suspect after using it you'd be convinced to get one,apart from it playing music & movies & xbox games,you'd also be able to install this,every arcade game ever made over 4000 of them,totaling 65gb in size

coin-ops 7 (for 1st gen xbox only) full game list.

the list is the left column the right is the preview.the list is home view (all games) it can be sorted by console type as well
    http://wn.com/coinops_7_full_arcade_game_list

7. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Thanks, well in that case it looks like a worthwhile investment for me, he can have his stuff and I can have mine. So I'd want to buy an original phat Xbox and have it RGH'd not J-Tagged is that correct? The I can just add a 1TB external HDD for the games?...or does it need to be internal? I would only be using this for old school gaming and media. Do I also need it "flashed"? I both flashed and RGH'd my son's 360 slim and a 500GB internal, which was probably redundant. Thanks again Scorp PS I will just have to keep an eye on things when he plays online, so do I still have to set him up on Xbox Live Gold just to play Minecraft with other kids or just find the name of servers?

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

He just logs into xbox live then picks a room to enter.It is possible to have voice through a stereo as well as the headset,this allows those watching to hear what s going on.Its in the settings section of the 360.

If playing minecraft on live on the modded rgh slim,then unless it has a dual nand his 360 will be banned. (dual nand allows the chip to be turned off which is what's required to pass live's security check),he should be using a non modded console. I repeat he should NOT be on live with a modded console

The post i made above with old school games isn't a 360,it's a first gen xbox like in the link below,there's no flashing required,only a modchip.If you have a spare 1tb hdd that will suffice the >phat< (note spelling which is how i should've posted earlier) 360 is the first iteration of the 360 before they made slims
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_(console)

The original xbox (when seeing this wording assume it's the very first xbox versions ever made)
    It's based on intel so it's in actual fact a portable pc as pc parts were used.You most probably recognize this "x86" .
    You can surf the web,play movies,watch youtube,play games & store & play music.You can also install win 98,being a console it's a specific version of 98 called win ce.

However there is a set of emulators for old school games for the 360,this isn't however coin-ops as in the video
    http://www.realmodscene.com/index.p...rs-that-work-with-auroras-autolaunch-feature/

9. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Wow, thanks for all the valuable info. I should have told you it has a dual nand, the most recent "Demon" chip, a blue light in the back of it tells me I'm in safe mode, when it's off, not safe on Live. We have yet to play a single game on Live because I didn't want my young son playing bloody war games until he was old enough to differentiate perceived and real violence. I figure I'd let him start playing Minecraft as the odds were he'd be playing with other youngsters. I understand your explanation about the 1st Gen Xbox and I think I'll invest in one for myself, meanwhile we'll try the classics you showed me on the Slim. I hate sounding ignorant, but what's the difference between these emu's and the "coin-op" ones you described, are they a lower quality mock-up? A lesser frame rate (30.60)? It's really kind of amazing how much you know about AV tech and gaming. I'm a full-time stay-at-home Dad (lifetime disabled, postal truck wrecked my spine on a Ninja) and I don't know half of what you do..

10. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Games are the same quality they just have different execution methods.An example would be the old xbox which uses .xbx files (think of it as a .exe like windows uses) where as the 360 uses .xex

i don't do mods myself i get them done by a few locals that solder for a living.As for the rest having a computer now means any info you want is a search away,not like it used to be,kids today have no idea how lucky they are having computers around & one thing i don't like is paying someone else to do something i can if i knew how

those 360 emu's may not have games,can't remember where i got my 360 emu & roms from,actually i'm not even sure if i have any roms (games) in my 360 emu's,i never use it since i have coin-ops..lol..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  11. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Twin sons of different mothers...I get it now, thanks. It's styrange that 360 can't play original Xbox games, don't think I've ever seen a system that wasn't backwards compatible..also surprised they can't emu PS2 yet after all these years.
    Guess I might just have to replace the ribbon cable in my PS2 or buy a used one to play those game discs, too bad they can't be played on a PC (PS2 discs are DVD's after all.

12. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

the 360 can play some old xbox games but it requires installing the hacked emulator files for a rgh or the original if console is un-modded,it's very easy to do it's automated,so you can play b3 on the 360,i've got the game here,just send a pm if you want it i could include b2 as that work ok & is by far my favorite burnout version

emulators require ongoing work to iron out the bugs

pc has an emulator for the ps2,i recall someone here or at realmods uses it but it's choppy game play

13. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

That would be amazing, thanks. Hey, I hate to dip into the well too often, but now my boy wants to play all the old school games (80's) and I have a huge collection for my modded Wii. I somehow jacked up the SD card that I kept them on (the 2GB card for the mod) and now my path is all messed up. I actually think you once helped me with this before with pictures of the proper layout of the card. It's the apps folder that I think is off path. I have 2 apps folders on the card and the root looks wrong. I can send pics. Thanks Brother

14. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Wasn't me.If it was here at AD you could search posts & topics you've replied too in your profile,just click on your handle

15. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Ahh, thank you. there's only one other Senior AD I look to for help. I had a 50-50 shot (-;/ can you recommend a good place to look up such a thing? My memory is awful courtesy of alot of pain killers. I did the Wii mod myself and I've done it for family members, so you'd think I could handle this, but I don't recall where I learned. Basically, the launcher and mod files are on this 2 GB Sandisk and you put your roms on it, but the path has to be correct or the Wii won't locate it.