1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where can u get dvd xcopy TDF files?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ppiper, Oct 18, 2004.

1. ppiper

ppiper Member

been trying to get dvd x copy tdf files on the net and their site i have the xpress version wich I PAID FOR not the bootleg one on the net and its the old one 3.2 i think and i cant get into the site to find those tdf files to see what other people might have i think u can use these files to share movies? right?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

TDF files were only available from the 321studios web site which is now shut down. They are no longer available. TDF files had nothing to do with sharing, they helped X Copy software copy and burn certain movies that were somewhat hard for X copy to rip. Sorry, your out of luck.

Jerry

3. ppiper

ppiper Member

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

I too wasted money on 321 studios software, because it promised ease of use. Now XCOPY is of limited value and I don't use it anymore.
    Learning Shrink and Decryptor was well worth the time invested. These freeware programs work better, are more versatile, don't require TDFs, and are actually fun to use. Move on, bag your XCOPY garbage, and learn the methods promoted on these Forums.

5. hijacker

hijacker Guest

why don't you throw x-copy in the garbage and start using shink and decryptor (They're both free and they do a better job than x copy). I bought x-copy and I regret that I bought the software.Stick with what works.I called their tech support when they were still around and got to talk to some real retards about the software.Not much help from the company and the software never worked right from the begining.I couldn't take it back because I already opened it up.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2004
  6. brobear

brobear Guest

TDF files was a promotional idea that never really came about. There may have been intent, however the 321 site never really got the tdf database going.

As far as 321 software goes, it is still as good as a lot of programs about. Some people are still getting some good use out of the programs and there are forums that help with troubleshooting problems. AD has a DVD X Copy section and there are other forums as well.

The programs are no more dated than many others. The ones that only target use with the 4.7 GB media are the ones I'm talking about. The new dual layer technology is going to make a lot of applications obsolete and ready for the trash. The price of media is coming down and when it gets low enough to be competitive with the lower capacity media, then why use a transcoder when you can record an entire video with no compression? There will probably always be those diehards who want to put more on a piece of media than was originally intended.

For a possible upgrade of your current program you may want to check this link. There is a patch for your program and possibly an update to the Xpress.
    http://cgi.tripod.com/321ripforum/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=321rip;action=display;num=1094922270

7. ppiper

ppiper Member

yup xcopy never messed up on me yet on a older model pc but the new ones it seems to have problems IF U WERE A SUCKER AND BOUGHT THE RF VERSION that sucks i use x copy when im being lazy does the job but i do prfer dvd2one region free burn with nero just wanted to see if any of u geeks (luv u guys what would i do without u)had SOME tdf info cause i hvent seen anything about them anywhre but this thread was out of curiosity already know how to make a movie with any thing out there so u dont have to reply

8. brobear

brobear Guest

ppiper
    Don't mind replying at all. You'll find there are no tdf files to be found. I've been involved with XCopy and Xpress for a while now and haven't run across any and none of the forums seem to have found any that I know of.

Picture this, RF with a ripper. You can check it out with the link I supplied. A one app recorder that does it all with functional Browse to use HD files, no nag screens and no infamous Backup warning. Don't think those folks with the RF are really suckers if they find their way to the right info.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

9. brobear

brobear Guest

I forgot to mention, I run these programs on a new PC with a 2.8 GHz P4 CPU, 1GB RAM, multiple HDs, Windows XP Pro with SP2, NTSF file system. I think it's pretty up to date and the XCopy Platinum and Xpress have no problems at all. BTW, I have a lot of other recording apps as well and they don't bother each other.

[​IMG]

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

PPIPER heres a review that i found on the TDF subject maybe you can create your own but whether it works or not is any ones guess

article taken from the site link below:

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "I wish people who have trouble communicating would just
    shut up."[/small]

11. ppiper

ppiper Member

cool works with platnum 4.0.3.8 LOL ok peeps u guys dont have to respond i started this thread but dont know how to delete it newbie to this site but not the art of dubbing just wanted to see if any of yall got any tdfs

12. brobear

brobear Guest

If you are talking about deleting a thread or post; you can't delete a thread and you can edit the post by clicking the edit message icon on the right upper portion of your post.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2004
  13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@brobear: if the software isnt available, in this case 321 due to them going extinct does the article still hold relevance or not.

14. ppiper

ppiper Member

i guess alot of youngsters got suckered into the rf version apparently they like dvd stink ooops i mean shrink ya if u know what ur doing with the rf it can work the only problem ive ever had with the software is sometimes the 'EXTRAS' LIKE BEHIND THE scenes come out a little froggy but i got a partner who uses it on a amd 3200 i think and hes always complaining and i dont have a clue why he would be having a problem i mean the guy sells pcs for a living i think its a software conflict but im wondering why all these people out there r having so much problems with this software and i havent maybe its the new burners or something to do with the dma my old burner that runs at a 2x burns slow but every movie is good with 321. AND BROBEAR ur even running sp2 with it on a 2.8 sounds like u just have to know what ur doing i guess

15. ppiper

ppiper Member

hey brobear what do u think is gonna happen when the dual layer dvdr-s hit the fan have u tried platnum on them yet? i havent dont got a dual burner yet i think i might get one next month or 2 when the media prices go down when these dvd-rs go down dvd decryptor and shrink might not be used dvd auth 1.6 (tmpgenc) already is able to burn dual layer and it makes movies good i burned one a few days ago on a 4 gig disc that program is VERY GOOD just fire up region free and burn with dvd author 1.6 DIRECT thats all its gonna be -- the funs gonna be gone --

16. ppiper

ppiper Member

oh when i meant x copy i meant dvd x copy gold with express v3 and i have platunum v4 on another pc

17. brobear

brobear Guest

ppiper
    You hit on the biggest problem with 321 software. It is very susceptible to software interference. Even a PC pro can have problems if he isn't aware of what he's looking for. Things that might not bother another program will cause problems with the 321 programs. However, a lot of the things I do also insure the working environment for my other apps is in good condition as well. Here is a link to a 321 Problem and solution bulletin I got from 321 tier 2 tech support. Anyone with a 321 app should make a copy of this; go over it closely and save it as a future reference if they're going to continue using a 321 program.
    http://cgi.tripod.com/321ripforum/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=321gen;action=display;num=1089105482

By the way anyone really familiar with 321 apps can show you how to turn the RF into a ripper version or give the ripper version all the nice attributes of RF. They are only slightly different versions of the same program.

18. brobear

brobear Guest

ppiper
    XCopy is for the 4.7 media. It would record to dual layer, but the file would still be compressed, so you wouldn't want to use it. A lot of transcoding software is going to become obsolete when/if they get the dual layer media down to a reasonable price. All a person will need for doing a video is a decrypter and a burner program for the dual layer. Guess programs like DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD may still have a place. I hear there is some new encryption technology coming down, so some new processes may have to be incorporated or new programs written. They encrypt and someone decrypts; it seems a silly proliferation.

[​IMG]

19. brobear

brobear Guest

andmerr
    There is relevance in so far as one can use self setup TDF files in case you want to burn the same movie again or your friend has the same app and you may want to share a TDF; not really very useful. As far as I have been concerned it was useless because 321 never supplied the database they said would be there. I have yet to hear about a database with any of the tdf files. 321 didn't deliver and now won't. I never really saw a need for them. The need for a tdf has never come up in any of the movies I've done with Platinum. I have run across a couple of DVDs that it just would not record. I don't think a tdf would have helped at all with those. The only ones that wouldn't record happened to be Disney animated movies. Why, no one seemed to know or wanted to say. It was an inherent problem with the app. I recorded those DVDs with another program.

[​IMG]

20. ppiper

ppiper Member

good info BBEAR that could have probably helped alot of people i knew about the incd causeing prblems read about somewhere and roxio but didnt know ABOUT VERITAS i have it on my pc at home stomp record now use it for ps2 games and dvd movies BUT i think when i installed it if i remeber right there is an option to NOT install their DLA and i hope im pretty sure i didnt fall for that one oops i mean install that one well if something goes wrong in the future ill have an idea what was wierd about that article is it said that xcopy could be stable for a long period of time AND THEN have a problem due to those software conflicts even after an extended period. gonna print this one could come in handy one day