1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can you tell what FW the DVD Drive is?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Ender88, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

In Textbook's tutorial, it says firmware 4.x and higher use FirmGuard and 0800 mode is needed to flash. How exactly can you tell if your MS28 is FW 4.x or higher? I haven't seen anything on figuring out your drive's firmware. Thanks guys.

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Try to flash it, if it won't flash, firmguard is on it. Then use the 10sec method and open the "orig.bin" in FW toolbox. That'll tell you what is on there.

3. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

But from what I've read thus far, flashing seems to take a lot of tries and a little luck. What's to say that it's not FirmGuard stopping me, and not just one of the many other possible complications? Sorry if this is a stupid question, the tutorial didn't go into much detail as to how to tell if you need it and searches aren't turning up much.

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I assume your xbox is already modified/flashed? if its not then you don't have to worry as ms28 if your firmware rom version.you can just flash it with xtreme package and not worry about any 0800 disk or doing the turn off business :)

if it is already flashed then i also have trouble getting past my firmguard on my ms25, not sure why, it just doesnt let me reflash it!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007