1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I post a windows media problem???

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Tallula, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Tallula

Tallula Guest

which forum do I post a windows media player problem in???
    I have windows media 10 and it wont play some of my downloaded films!
    I have downloaded Nitroterr?? whantever that is from a link in afterdawn but i have not installed this yet I have installed FFDShow but dont know how to use it!!
    the files it wont play are divx but when i downloaded em im shure they wre avi. Dont know the difference and i'v been on the page that tells you the meaning of them.
    Im on windows xp.
    Can anyone explain in SIMPLE tearms whats wrong and how to solve it?
    thanks XXX

2. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

You need the correct codecs to play the media files.

Visit this site: http://www.codecguide.com/

Choose whichever codec guide that suits you best. I use the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack since it contains codecs of xvid, divx, 3ivx, quicktime, real media, and other helpful goodies that media freaks crave. Don't install multiple codec packs that are made by different people, as you may cause crashes to your comp....

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

download avicodec.Run your file through it and it will tell you the properties of the file and also the codecs neccesry to play that file.

http://avicodec.duby.info/

software disscussion:

AVIcodec v1.2 - Free multimeda files analyser :
    Gives detailled information, especially the codecs needed to play the file, and where to download those codecs if they are missing on your system.

Recognized formats :
    Natively : AVI, ASF & WMV, Real (.rm, .rmvb), Ogg (.ogg, .ogm), Mpeg-(S)VCD-DVD (.mpg, .vob)
    Others : all those handled by DirectShow (.mp3, ...).
    Features : install program, tooltips, drag & drop support, accessible from contextual menu in Explorer, export of all the information, recusive directory analysis, ...
    Langages : Chinese, Deutsch, English, Español, Francais, Hungarian, Italiano, Nederlands, polski, Portugûes, Romanian, Russian.
    If your language is not there, please help me to add a translation in your language.
    Code : Borland C++ Builder 6. Source code available on demand.
    New : Next release (1.2) will use MediaInfo DLL to grab file information. MediaInfo adds Mastroska support and others interesting things !
    You could of tried the software section.