1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I put Mpeg4 movies on my psp?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Jeremy699, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

I have read all aroun dand all have beat around the bush.. where do i put it exactly? i have tried putting the mpeg4 in the video, with the .THM and in the "100MNV01" folder, but my psp keeps saying no video... wat am i doing wrong? anyone?

thxz

2. Boib

Boib Guest

Hi, What I do is first create a MP_ROOT file in your memory card root. Then make a 100MNV01 folder, which you probably already did. Then you need to put two files in there. Your MP4 coverter should give you .THM and MP4. and it should be ex. M4V10021.MP4 and M4V10021.THM, the numbers can be whatever you want. It works for me. If not Try PSP Video 9 converter you should press the file you want coverted. Hook your psp up and copy to.. Pretty easy. Hope this helps.

3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Ok, the PSP uses two types of codec MPEG4-SP MPEG4-AVC, which need to be placed in the correct folder or they wont run.

MPEG4-SP extension: M4Vxxxxx.MP4
    MPEG4-AVC extension: MAQxxxxx.MP4

MP_ROOT/100MNV01/M4Vxxxxx.MP4
    MP_ROOT/100ANV01/MAQxxxxx.MP4

Sony then stopped the named restriction on these files in firmware V2.80, these are also encoded with different headers and must go in the VIDEO folder named whatever you like.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007