1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where do i put my iso files?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PSPant, Sep 9, 2007.

1. PSPant

PSPant Member

hi sorry if i replied the same topic again but i really don't understand with the explanation from other thread.
    firstly i wanna ask where do i put the iso games (which folder?) do we need to create by ourselves or there's already there?
    second : do we need to use umd to boot the game? any umd?
    third : what is an emulator? what is the use??
    what other thing that i need to play iso besides hacked psp,and iso file

sorry typo
    mine is 3.52 m33

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  2. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

Theres a 3.53 m33 out already? are you sure? if you got custom firmware and you format your memory stick, you should get an iso folder on the root of your memory stick. That is where all isos go. As for 3.xx m33 firmwares, There is no need to have a UMD in the drive because you can change that setting in recovery mode. As for emulators, i cant believe you have never heard of an emulator before. It's pretty much a device or system that accepts the same inputs and produces the same outputs as a given system. Thats all you need. A hacked [custom firmware] psp and whatever iso you want. Toss it in the folder and launch it under game menu.

3. PSPant

PSPant Member

where to get the emulator???

is it necessary to have emulator to play iso games?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  4. PSPant

PSPant Member

anyone could help me?? :(

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I would install 3.52 M33-4 update if your only on 3.52 M33.

You can download it HERE.

Extract the file after you download it. It will extract a M33-1234a folder and inside that folder is a PSP folder. Drag that PSP folder into the root of your PSP MS. If you do it correctly it will ask you to overwrite. Don't worry about the seplugins folder inside the update folder. That is just a popsloader plugin for PSX games.

After you do the above go to the Game Menu and run the M33-4 update.

Make sure you check and see if the firmware is at 3.52 M33-4. You then should format your MS. Make sure you backup your gamedata folder if you have game saves.

After updating to 3.52 M33-4 and you want to play ISO/CSO games without a UMD in the Bay enable the Sony NP9660 NO UMD option in recovery.

Do this by turning off your PSP. Then hold the R shoulder button down keeping it down while you turn on the PSP.

It should boot into recovery menu.

Now go to Configuration and press X

Go to UMD MODE and keep pressing X till you see Sony NP9660 NO UMD

When you see that option under UMD MODE go up to BACK and press X. Then go down to EXIT press X.

This will boot you into XMB. Now try those CSO files that wouldn't work before.

The ISO/CSO games go into the ISO folder on the MS.

No you don't need an Emulator to run the ISO/CSO PSP games.

Just put them in the ISO folder on the MS and launch them in the Game Menu.

6. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

Yeah. What Larry said. Hahahaha. If you ever think about getting emulators for psp like gameboy, sega genesis, nintendo, super nintendo, n64 etc. They all go into the GAME150 folder. Thats goes for applications as well. [almost all homebrew]

7. PSPant

PSPant Member

wow yeah thanks it's a very clear explanation :)
    by the way 3.52 m33 can still play .cso file right??

Thanks

8. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

ofcourse. There the same thing except one is compressed w. a few mb tooken out when the other is not.