1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Do I Save It To?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Cosmo1111, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Hey
    Well I got a burner and just need some help.

I Have got 2 ROMS...one is a DVD-ROM (PLAYER) and the other is a DVD Burner.

1. So I put the movie in the DVD-ROM (PLAYER) and the blank DVD disc (DVD-R) in the DVD burner drive?

2. I got shrink. Do I go to "Back-up" on shrink and select the DVD burner file as my destination or do I have to save the files to a file on my PC first?

3. I got a disc which came with the a setup disc which has
    NeroExpress
    NeroExpress2
    NeroSuite

I dont think any of them will do it. What softwere should I get?

Can someone maybe just tell me the whole process of what I need to do with DVD Shrink.

Thank you

2. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Basactly..what I want to know is "is there anyway to burn stright from Shrink - a blank disc without having to save the DVD the the desktop and then burn it to a blank disc"

3. juca39

juca39 Guest

Yes, you can do that, though I would not recomend it.
    It is not very reliable to burn on the fly. Some times you have buffer problems (and coasters). It is much better, and reliable, to burn to your HD first and then to a blank DVD. It takes longer but its safer.
    Its your choice.

4. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Cool.
    Well I just burned to a DVD-R...well thats 1 disc f***ed up..i burned on it but it didnt burn..only like some documents..1MB worth..lol..

1.Whats the best softwere I could use not to burn the file that is saved to my harddrive to a DVD?

2.When I save it to my HD..what is the best format to save it as EG Divx, Word Doc ect.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Cosmo1111, DVDShrink will decrypt, rip to your HD, and compress a dvd movie, but can't burn. You need a program like Nero, RecordnowMax or Decrypter to do the actual burn back to the blank media. You can use the settings in Shrink to have Nero or Decrypter auto start the burn after Shrink is done with its job. Check the guides at the guide tab at the page top for proper setup.

Jerry

6. juca39

juca39 Guest

Jerry is right.
    Just check the guides on how to setup Shrink and Dekrypter to burn a movie and you will be on your way.
    It is easy.