1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do the emulators go?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Creation3, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Creation3

Creation3 Member

alright it is downloading through limewire

2. Creation3

Creation3 Member

ok it says that it will take about 4 hours so when it is finished where do I got from there

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

After you finish downloading AID, extract all the contents. There is a .pdf document that explains thoroughly how the AID works. Once completely extracted there will be a large iso, that’s the iso you will be recording onto disc.

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

If you don't have a dvd recorder but a CD-R, you will need to edit the contents of the iso. The contents of such iso can’t be viewed because its in xiso format. You will then need to extract the contents using Qwix, delete items that you don’t need until it gets below 700MB. Don’t edit and the delete the files located within the .rar package but the contents you extracted.

How to use Qwix
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/429772

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  5. soze9

soze9 Member

Limewire lol..dude just search you will find the right channels to get everything you need. If chunkhead hasn't already listed it in a tutorial here then google is your next best friend. Chat channels my friend..chat channels!!

AID is idiot proof...except when you are installing over someone elses crappy softmod. I had one box that totally wiped itself after it froze during a dash installation using AID so if you have an unstable box work those issues out before you start installing.

Note: When you ftp the emulator versus installing it thru an installer...ftp does not reconfigure your box to find these new files. So they may or may not show up. I suggest always going with the tried and true way of installing..that way you minimize the issues and at least find support for similar issues.

6. Creation3

Creation3 Member

Ya the file automatically starts downloading in limewire how do I change this and what would be a better place to download it in? Oh and what do you me by chat channels is that like xbins?

7. soze9

soze9 Member

Yes but just as a warning..if you go onto xbins..depending on the day and time you may only walk away with a "lite" version of AID which only has dashboards and applications..so if you do get the lite version just google (add-on's aid xbox) and you'll find the additional rom files possibly hosted thru zshare or rapidshare.