1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where do you buy high-quality CD-R media

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by timcupery, Mar 1, 2005.

1. timcupery

timcupery Member

I've tended to buy spindles of 50 or 100 CD-R at drug stores or the campus bookstore (I'm at a University). However, these are typical brands such as Maxell or Memorex, etc, in which I don't know what company actually manufactured the discs (CMC, Ritek, etc) until I open the package. I'd like to get spindles of CD-R from good manufacturer (Ritek, TY, etc) online, but I don't know where to order from. A year and a half ago I went online to a vendor linked through shopping.yahoo.com and bought a spindle of 100 that was supposed to be Ritek, but turned out to be CMC. (I've had mostly good experience with CMC discs, but in my experience they do fail at a higher rate than discs from other manufacturers.)
    So... where on the internet do you go to buy spindles of good CD-R media? Thanks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

http://www.rima.com is a great place to order Taiyo Yuden. I've used them for some time and they've always done me right :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  3. timcupery

timcupery Member

Thanks, the website seems like a good place. I bought a 100-stack of TY.

4. mr_lemon

mr_lemon Member

For those that are in Canada, you should try..

http://www.blankmedia.ca

They carry CD/DVDs from Ritek, TY and Verbatim(MCC), plus stuff from ProDisc, but I am not so sure about the prodisc brand. They also carry Inkjet/Thermal printable media from all the above manufacturers.

TOM...

5. Anrath

Anrath Member

I get my TY disks from Supermediastore.com. 150 disks and only 1 coaster. Others have found good deals at Rima and Meritline. All reputable companies if you want to be assured of getting genuine Taiyo Yuden's.

6. Dethh

Dethh Member