1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you buy your TYs?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by vurbal, Nov 17, 2004.

1. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I've decided that I'm going to make the switch to TY media the next time I order (-R most likely) and I was wondering where other people buy theirs from and what kind of prices they get so I know where to look. They seem to be dropping in price the way Riteks did a year ago.

They need to be consistently TY discs (ie no brands that sometimes use TY and sometimes use other media). I don't need anything faster than 4x media, but feel free to post prices for faster media so other people can benefit from it. Since I'm switching I decided I should try to convince as many other people as possible to do the same so the prices will keep coming down ;)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  3. kchev

kchev Regular member

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media-100.html
    Here are same disk $48 I have bought from both Rima & Supermediastore You just have to look around a little. The main Difference is Rima Charges about $6 for shipping & Supermedia is free shipping. So you need to add that shipping charge also. So you could save about $8 going with Supermedia. Just a thought for the thrifty.. :)

5. kchev

kchev Regular member

Supermedia ONLY has free shipping on select items which DOES NOT include Taiyo Yudens. As a matter of fact, they charge me an extra $1.50 MORE for shipping than Rima when I added them to my cart.

It has to have the delivery truck icon to qualify for free ground shipping.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  6. PK44

PK44 Member

I just recently purchased from www.supermediastore.com myself (8x silver) and shipping was not free, everything came to 60 with shipping. So 60 cents per dvd for something that I know will play and continue to perform..... I'm a happy man. Will continue to use this SMS.com until I find something a little cheaper. These are great disks.