1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you get your blank media?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gerard514, Feb 6, 2005.

1. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

I have been introduced by a few people of websites such as newegg.com, rima.com to get blank media from. I am undecided in which of the three to go with. I want dvd-r discs, 8x, printable tops used for inkjet printers. I cants decided inbetween the verbatim datalife pro disc, realtik discs, or tayo ..(forgot the name). Can anyone help in the decision as well as where else is a reliable source of purchasing media from online.

Thanks to all.

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I only buy Taiyo Yuden from meritline. Taiyo Yuden is definitely the best choice, but those other two are good too. If you go with verbatim, make sure you get the datalife [bold]plus[/bold]. Those are the best verbatim's. and people have been getting some bad batches of ritek lately, I think it has been the g05 ritek disks.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

www.blankdiscshop.com

Ritek GO5 8x

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hi gerard514,
    The best media, and I think most will agree, especially for inkjet printable, is Taiyo Yuden. The two sources you listed are good and you can also try Supermediastore.com and merritline. Personally I buy all my blank media from Newegg.

5. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

So it seems like ritek has been having some bad batches? Is the company helping people out with this or is it your just outta luck kinda thing.

I think ive made up my mind and to get the taiyo yuden printable disc. Another question is there different types of those or do they just make one type of printable disk> do they have a website>

Thanks to all for reply's and information.

6. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

Sorry but i forgot to add..Is it better to go with the silver top or the white top? Which would look more better if i am doin inkjet printer. I would think the white top?

7. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

8. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

I decided to open this thread back up. With confusion still lingering I think i might decide to change from verbatim to taiyo yuden. Would anyone else agree with this? I think that both disc are fairly in the same price range and if taiyo are better than i should go with that. Please anyone correct me if i am wrong.i plan on buying a epson 200 printer. I have already bought the verbatim dvd-r 50 pack of white inkjet hub printable. I think i might change my media to taiyo yuden because everone says they have the best cds and there is only one type of the media so there arent much fake one out there (correct me if i am wrong by the way). By the way does taiyo yuden have hun printable dvds i looked on meritline and couldnt seem to spot them, and another question would be about meritline, how reliable are they?and are they at good priced? I found them on supermediastore.com
    The product code is DVD01X0166 they are 69.00 for 100 disc. Would anyone buy from this website? are they trustworthy even with there media quality?

9. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

www.valuemedia.co.uk