1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where does the ISO go in friidump

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jfranklin, Oct 25, 2007.

1. jfranklin

jfranklin Guest

my friidump takes a long time to rip wii games (longer then 3.5 hours) and i was looking for the iso to see if it started. its about half way done and my harddrive space hasnt moved. im worred!!!!!!

2. markass

markass Member

Jfranklin, i had the same problem when I first used friidump. I found that if you use the -a switch (for autodump), friidump will name the output image after the name of the game disc. The problem is that some Wii disc titles have characters in them that are invalid when used in file names, for example ? ! < > (i think you get the picture.) Friidump will appear to be working and eventually finish in about 4 to 4.5 hours but Windows will ultimately reject the file name because it is invalid and no file will be created. To work around this you need to NOT use the -a switch and use something like "friidump.exe -d <insert drive letter here eg d:> -i game.iso -4". Just to clarify your command line should look like this: "friidump.exe -d d: -i game.iso -4". The output file will be created in the same directory that you are running friidump from for example c:\friidump\. For a full list of the command options, refer to the readme.txt included with friidump, or type friidump.exe -h in command prompt Hope this helps.... Mark

3. jfranklin

jfranklin Guest

Thanks alot it really helped. Thanks for sharing and happy pirating