1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is every one located ?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by wonderboy, Oct 8, 2002.

1. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

why is it that me and vcd are the only ones in the states? as for me I'm in California,USA. In silicon valley where technology is plenitful and cheap in price...at least I think so out here we have a store called frys electronics which you can see there products on line here http://www.outpost.com/ let me know where you all live having friends around the world is always nice......

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Liverpool, England

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

London, United Kingdom (there isn't such country as England ;-) at the moment.

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

How's the weather in London. It's pretty sunny up here in Liverpool.

5. dRD

They don't let me out of here (I'm at the office), hard to tell ;-)

Nah, it's kinda sunny, windy and cold. Next time I move to some warm country, last two picks have been OK (NYC, London), but I kinda like the sunshine..

Last edited: Oct 9, 2002
  6. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Do you ever post outside of the office?

Also the reason I was posting during the day was that I have been off sick from school today. I'm absolutely full of cold. *Hates British weather*

Last edited: Oct 9, 2002
  7. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

Miami, FL (USA)

I know that this is a self explainatory thing for some of us, namely dRD, but what about the rest of you.. what do you do for a living where you live?

Oh yeah, and to make you all jealous, it's 80 degrees today with no clouds in sight. Got to love Florida weather!

8. dRD

Actually I don't work for AfterDawn.com -- doesn't produce enough $$ to work for it.. yet, hopefully :) I'm a rather senior web developer, working in ultimately unsexy biz called freight forwarding ;-) I've been doing web development as a full-time pro for about 5 years now.

But yes, I'm extremely jealous of your weather, although I know that you have to build your house from the scratch every freaking year after the hurricane season ;-)

9. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

I'm from UK too, live in London , in the East near the City. Hate the weather, but I have a cure for that.

Spend every Christmas abroad!

Those of you who know me ( and that is probably very few) know that I spend a lot of time abroad and use other people's crap PCs and my Nokia Communicator (also crap) to keep in touch!

Paul.

10. dRD

As long as there are Finns (like myself) around, that's not very healthy thing to say about Nokia ;-)

11. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

I would use a Nokia (crash) if i could (strange clicking sound) but whenever I do (screen goes blank for no f***ing reason) I end up (lose important call because signal goes, even if next to antenna) getting really pissed off (battery dead in 5 minutes) because of all its (software bug) problems.

Apart from that (fart) I am fine!!

But seriously, getting that many bugs into such a small machine is a great acheivement, especially for a country like Finland!!!!

:)

Paul.

Don't even get me started on Ericsson (hurl!)

12. dRD

LOL, 9000, 9110, 9110i, 9210 or 9210i?-) I suggest that you visit your local phone shop and get your OS upgraded, they _should_ do it for free, I tend to flash a new operating system to my 6210 every now and then, it normally fixes bunch of little annoyances and such.

But yes, I've noticed that at least we (Finns) have managed to get UK pretty much under our thumb in mobiles, only seriously weird and eccentric people use something other than Nokia phones =)

13. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I have a panasonic, but forget about the reviews or the opinion of people who get paid for nothing more than to take a whole bunch of products and compare them, the final decision for her was "Look how cute it is, and its so tiny!"

14. dRD

On the other hand, for most of the people in Europe, mobile phones have replaced landlines (surpassed number of landlines in Finland around 1998 or so, even though every single house used to have a landline) and they base their opinions on usability more likely than people for whom mobiles are still slightly "yuppie" thing, like it was in NYC when I lived there 1999-2000.

15. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

i'm from uk too but up north, and is it just me or do forums go off topic quick round here

16. dRD

Fixit: It really depends on the forum room -- "safety valve" and "general discussion" areas are kinda meant to go seriously, badly off-topic as quickly as they can, just for the sake of it :)

But then again, "serious forums" are tightly moderated normally -- that's why these wacko forums exist so that our users can vent in here so they don't have to do it in "real forum discussions" ;-)

17. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

note to self
    "try to make sarcasm clearer to other people"
    lmao ;-)

18. dRD

*mental note for future reference:

other people than dRD can also write every single sentence using mental <sarcasm> tags*

;-)

19. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Bit late but Im from tipperary Ireland, Im 16, tall enough and still in prison.... ah sorry school. When i'm not a slave i like to do nothing cause im a lazy b......

20. Budfan8

Budfan8 Guest

guess Im a little late as well, but I live in good ol Escondildo umm I mean Escondido CA, and I work as a Helpdesk tech in San Diego. Weather here is pretty good, wish it rained more though...