1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is every one located ?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by wonderboy, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

This is exactly the opposite for us though! We'd love a bit of sun at some stage. We had a terrible summer but for some reason we have a little sun now!!

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

wow I didnt expect this much from everyone but hey vcdjunkie when are you going to get your senior member tag? as for what I do...I vwork security while going to school...I kinda got a late start on school. but I have always been good with computers and have been using computers since I got my tandy trs 80 that was back in 84...lol long time.....huh (when were you born dela ? lol)

3. Budfan8

Budfan8 Guest

The only thing I hate about California is the damn traffic. Takes me 20 minutes to get to work on a saturday, but during the week its a flippin hour!!! On the way home its an hour and a half!! On top of that people are idiots in traffic, they get on there damn cell phones and tune the rest of us out... Wow that felt good. Had to trip my "safety valve", just got home from work, and that means I just got out of traffic..... Well time to get lost in some Anime

4. Dela

30th Sept 1986

Trust me budfan, I'd give up Ireland to go to California cause it's sooooooooooooo boring here!!! Takes me like 5 mins to get to school 2 mils away lol!

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Budfan8: Ahh, California.. The one place in the world where people are confused when they hear term "public transportation" and assume it means car-sharing schemes (and no-one uses those either ;-).

6. Dela

I hate public transportation, especially in citys. I hate all the bus journeys one must wait to get somewhere. Dublin is terrible for it. Took me 4 dublin busses to get to the rds to see korn. About a 2 hr journey. My trip to dublin was over 100 miles and that took less!!!

7. dRD

Dela: But in seriously big city, like in NYC, it takes about 3 hours to get from Southern Brooklyn to Midtown Manhattan by car, while subway takes 45mins. I much rather sleep/listen music taking the subway trip than get angry at fellow car drivers ;-)

Different thing in smaller places, like non-Central London, Helsinki, etc -- there cars are generally speaking faster.

8. Dela

I know but I'm talkin about busses. I couldnt believe i got to dublin quicker than it took me to get from central to the rds (only about 20 miles!)

9. dRD

Badly organized city, obviously. Bus lanes and bus-detecting traffic lights (that turn to green once bus is approaching) are the magic words in order to speed up buses :)

10. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

The Sprawling Metropolis of Danbury Connecticut U_S_A.

(30 min from NYC)

11. GodFinger

GodFinger Regular member

I'm living in Hämeenlinna, Finland...
    And I'm not exactly in IT-business, as I'm studying to be an engineer in bioprocess engineering (Says a lot, doesn't it?) in Häme Polytecnic...

12. waco

waco Member

i'm from puerto rico down in the caribbean...

-waco

13. nackit

nackit Guest

this forum started as were do ppl live and we seem to be gettin were are ppl goin on holiday or thier life story lol

14. nackit

nackit Guest

nearly forgot north of england the cold bit but were in england isnt lol

15. Dela

Well nackit, try to imagine how boring it would be if all threads stuck completely to the subject. Most of the threads wouldn't be half as long as they are!!

16. ZZGZ

ZZGZ Member

Hi there, maybe it's too late to bust in the discussion but i'll do it anyway. I'm from Greece but now live in southern France for the last (they dont' seem to end...) 14 months cause i'm studying 3lingual translation. Anyone interested in?

17. hkusp40

hkusp40 Member

I am way late to the topic, but people talking about the States got me thinking of home. I was born and raised in Chicago, IL, USA. Currently living in Republic of Korea (the South one.) Can't wait to get back to the states where I can buy all the microchips they make here in Korea for half the price.

18. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

humm drD thats where your wrong people do use public transportation and people do carpool but there are a alot of damn poeple out here in california....I mean alot. if california broke off from the rest of the united states we could become our own little country...and still be one of the richest.....

19. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

I'm living part-time in Sydney Australia and the other time in Tokyo Japan. Constantly in a state of jet-lag. This is my second summer for the year (still don't understand the mechanics behind why the northern/southern hemisphere have opposite weather). Great if you like hot weather... guess who doesn't. :)

20. Jaanz

Jaanz Regular member

i'm from Vantaa, Finland.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2002