1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is my Ram. (and no its not the same question you get asked all of the time)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by stevejsan, May 8, 2007.

1. stevejsan

stevejsan Member

Aight, I'm running XP sp2 on a emachines(gateway) n-10 and I've had quite the problem. My computer is described to have 512 of ram but when i check my computer settings I only have 384megs. I know graphics cards use some memory but over 100megs missing.

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

do a dxdiag to see what it shows for video memory or check in the bios. presently it appears that 128mrg of ram might be assigned to the video card.

3. stevejsan

stevejsan Member

I checked my direct x and it did indeed say that 128megs was what my video was using. But I dont think i need that much. I mean what good is 128 megs of video when you have 384 megs of ram. nothing i say, nothing! any more advice peeps?

4. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

go into your bios & change the amount of ram used by the videocard. other options is to buy a videocard that fits into your motherboard or buy more ram for the computer.

5. stevejsan

stevejsan Member

great worked awesome. thanks guys. owe you