1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where the heck (and *how*) is the "Analyzing" info stored?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gothor, Jan 25, 2005.

1. gothor

gothor Guest

Okay, a while ago I encountered a problem (not important) and had to DVD Decrypt and Shrink a title all over again. But when it came time to Analyze the title for maximum quality, I was told that Shrink had already done so and that the step would be skipped.

Okay, here's the weird part: I totally erased the source and temp directories before ripping and encoding again. So how the heck did Shrink know it had already analyzed the title. And was it just checking some "analyzed=1" option in the registry, or did it *really* know everything it needed to?

I admit, I'm a little fuzzy on the whole analyzing thing. But it makes sense to me that almost anything done on a computer creates temp files. So where are these temp files stored? Does Shrink keep around the "analyzing" info for the last DVD it worked on? The last ten? Twenty? One billion?! ;)

For once, it's not a tech support question. I'm just curious, is all. Anyone care to enlighten me?

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Look here C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

If those dvd shrink files dont appear after rroetger's post then they may be hidden like mine were, Around the spot of going to "application data",go into tools/folder options/view/tick the file that says "show hidden files". This will let you see the dvd shrink folder,open up and delete whichever ones you want.

4. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

A good question and a good reply. Just deleted over 700 files accumulating over a great period of time..Many thanks...

5. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

Some good info thanks rroettger for the info.

6. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

saugmon is right, it will be a hidden file. I am no computer expert but I know enough that I do not like my system having secrets. That is how I found it in the first place going through the hidden files.

7. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

My advice is to leave these hidden files be. They really only take up negligible amount of space and are hidden so casual Shrink users won't delete them. If 6 months down the road you want to make another backup of your original, say if the first backup gets used by your grandkids as a frisbee, then you at least don't have to go through the time-consuming deep analysis/quality enhancements step once again. I see this Shrink feature as a real plus...

8. gothor

gothor Guest

Thanks for all the info guys, you answered my question. :)

(Now go watch "13 Seconds" if you're a horror fan. The acting stinks but the film is frickin' incredible!)

9. Synth05

Synth05 Guest