1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to buy a good pc

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Pat_b_30, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

hi, im new to the pc stuff and i changed from xbox to pc. i was wondering where to buy a good pc for gaming that will play big games such as half life 2 and other games who demand a high requirement. I cannot pay an expensive pc. under 1200$ CAD if possible.

thanx

2. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey

Your best bet is to get someone who is experienced and reliable build one for you......if you know someone like that.

3. Maddux31

Maddux31 Guest

Pat that's great advice that ianski gave, however not everyone has a reliable friend who can do this. This is what I did when I first got into it. Go here--> http://www.marketproshows.com/visitor/search.asp you will get the best price, and you can pick the hardware [bold]you[/bold] want not what some major company [bold]thinks[/bold] you want or need. I would go to someone who is knowledgable and ask what the hardware would best fit your needs and desires, create a list with a couple of back ups for each piece of hardware seeing how they may not have everything you want. Decide on what you want and go there prepared to haggle price, get a price from 2 or 3 vendors and just pick the best one, don't be afraid to say well that guy over there is only asking this for the same thing. I've purchased 6 computers this way. When I got mine it was a asus A8V7, 40gig hd, amd athlon xp 2400, dvd drive, dvd/cd burner, monitor, keyboard all for 380.00. I went back and now I have a 21" dell trinitron pure flat, I got it for 129.00. Well I hope this helps.
    cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2004
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

goto www.gogocomputers.com & select systems, it will give you an idea for prices, makes, features & do not buy a name computer like dell, compaq or whatever because with clones you have more expandability over name brands. with clone computers whether amd or intel cpus, you can replace any part in the case whereas in name brands you have to watch what you try to replace as it might not workout right