1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy DVD-R, 4x, 4.7 compaitible with DVD and PS2 backups

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by VJbob, Apr 6, 2005.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

I don't need that many, maybe about 50 or so, but my store that I've been frequenting for several years has decided to screw me over my last transaction even though I have a receipt and everything so I've decided to boycott. However, this leaves me with an overwhelming number of websites selling cheap DVD-R media and so many brands to choose from that its hard to learn all of them even after scanning vcdhelp.com.

Can somebody recommend me a quality and reliable site that sells DVD-R in at least 50-100 packs with white tops that can be printed on with a black sharpie? Also, can you tell me which brand works the best. I don't need more than 4x speed since I only burn at 2x. I use a Sony external dual format burner and NERO. Any help would be much appreciated since I can't play any games until their backed up or my laser will scratch them to unreadable.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  2. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

Most people have said that Ritek, Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the the three main brands to go with, TY being the best. I just ordered a spindle of 100 TYs 4x -Rs from Supermediastore.com for $26 plus shipping. They have shiny tops though.

http://supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-4x-dvd-r-media-silver-matte-spindles-100.html

They also have a pretty good deal on Riteks, $28.05 after a coupon.

http://supermediastore.com/ritek-ridata-4x-dvd-r-media-matte-finish-g04-100pk-cake-box.html

From what I understand supermedia is a good company and they sell the real deals. I will post back Friday or so when mine come in and I can test a few.

3. madmax69

madmax69 Member

I´ve nought from meritline, supermediastore and rima...By far the ebst customer service was at Rima....I bought crappy riteks at meritline and horrible prodiscs at supermediastore....all issues were resolved but not as quickly as I would have liked plus I payed for return shipping...so then I moved to rima and so far have had no problems with Ritek G04´s for my PS2...if you call them..theres also a good chance they will send you a sample if you are in doubt...anyway..it´s good to always check resellerratings.com to see whats up with a particular seller....herés a link to ritek´s at rima
    http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merch..._Code=R&Product_Code=1618-50&Category_Code=4X

4. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

I'm curious. I've seen lots of praise on this forum for taiyo yuden discs. Previously I've been using Ritek and Princo and not had problems but I've been looking at taiyo yuden because they say the dye or something lasts for a shelflife of 100 years. Am I to assume that the Ritek and Princo and other discs will not last? If so how long can I expect a backup to be recognized? Shouldn't the newer hardware players be able to compensate for this and read older discs?

I'm seriously looking at the taiyo yuden at supermediastore.com. Do they or rima.com accept paypal?