1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy Flip Top w/ Swap Magic 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KEGNFOOL, Mar 1, 2005.

1. KEGNFOOL

KEGNFOOL Regular member

Where is a good reliable place to order A flip top with swap magic 3.3 for a v4 - v8 . I orderd from ps2cover.com and that was like over a month ago. i have never received it. i have canceled the payment on it. I think I got ripped! ANyway...I stopped it. SO now Im just looking for some place to order and hopefully have shipped in 2 days or so. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

2. aleitz

aleitz Member

3. KEGNFOOL

KEGNFOOL Regular member

ok....I went to that site....fount the combo for the version 4-8 but it wont let me add to basket. says to pick region...i did...still says pick region....???

4. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

try

www.consolesource.com

i will prolly go for a chip here instead of a flip top.. was planning on getting a flip top but i will go for a mod chip anyways... duo 2 se.. will play all my stuff PAL/NTSC etc :p cool

LILfeatha

5. KEGNFOOL

KEGNFOOL Regular member

has anyone bought from www.consolesource.com
    i'm kinda "gunshy" now about ordering online. ya know?

6. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

lol. trust me, i know.. my parents are vrey strict about it.. we only bought from www.newegg.com when we were in the us via my dad's credit card... and now other sites they only let me buy with checks, never bought anything yes, was planning on that flip top but i might just get a mod chip anyways.. we'll see this friday since thats the day when we'll go see..

LILfeatha

7. KEGNFOOL

KEGNFOOL Regular member

So.....you're saying its ok to try them then?

8. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

ya y not.. just go for places that will reply to you by email (and those guys have to me, after about 3 days.. a very short email, i replied back saying i might get a mod chip instead but had some other questions i think.. havent replied again) and that accept checks.. WORST case scenario, although if others recommend it and they reply by e-mail etc etc... you lose 35-50$...

LILfeatha

9. mleach07

mleach07 Member

I also ordered from ps2 covers and i think that it is a rip off and should be reprimanded and investigated,i ordered 2 swap magic discs version 3.3 and it`s been over a month since i`ve ordered,it should be something done about these crooks!!!!

10. studlio

studlio Member

I ordered a flip top + swap magic combo from http://revolution-sales.com. I'm happy with the service. Very cheap prices and very fast shipping.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  11. iu1942

iu1942 Member

studlio, which verison of flip top did u purchase? im thinking to buy the slim flip top from them too.

12. studlio

studlio Member

I got the Flip Top Case and Swap Magic Combo V.4-7. I should have said before that I haven't installed the flip top yet. I'm waiting for a second ps2 that should be coming in the mail any day now. But everything was packaged well, and I don't expect any problems.

13. mooogle

mooogle Member

www.coolpc.com.au <--- nice australian site to get swapmagic i personally got it there with a fliptop

14. georgej

georgej Member

15. agentcar

agentcar Member

Hey, has anyone heard of www.clearxbox.com? They sell PS2 flip tops, they come with preinstalled memory card doors and the white disc. The combo with the swap magic 3.3 costs about $36. I don't know which one to choose. There are so many choices, and i do not want to waste my money.

16. jlaplant

jlaplant Member

I just ordered my PS2 4-7 fliptop from gocybershop and it came in like a 2 weeks but i sent a money order and it cost me like 42.50 with shipping and everything (i live in the US) Im real happy with them and the flip top came whith pre-installed merory card flaps too. They send it UPS so they sent me a email with the tracking order and everything whne they sent it.

17. ZippoGuy

ZippoGuy Member

I just found this site about a week ago and have been reading all the forums and asking alot questions. I have heard nothing but bad things about ps2cover.com one guy is even trying to report them to the BBB. Clearxbox on the other hand seems to come highly recommended. i cannot speak form personal experiance but have read many posts from guys who said the service was great and they recieved their order in a matter of days.I have checked out the site and it seems totally legit to me. that's where i would suggest going.

18. Magick29

Magick29 Member

Yeah, I ordered from ps2cover.com almost THREE months ago, and I have gotten ALL of their excuses, about the "bad batch of Swap Magic disks", etc. I am still waiting for a refund, but I ain't holding my breath. If they were legit, couldn't they have at least shipped my lid and let me buy the Swap Magic disks somewhere else? They aren't shipping product, but their site has been updated; it now shows that they are shipping 3.6 instead of 3.3. Good luck people, I am going to try http://www.modchip.ca. I hear good things.

19. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

I ordered from ClearXbox last thursday. I haven't gotten my swap magic disks yet, but they sent me a tracking number. Odd thing is though, when I type the tracking number into the postal service's web page it says the package was shipped, but it doesn't have any other information on it... I'm hoping to get my disks tomorrow though!

20. kenzlee

kenzlee Member