1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to buy Laptop hardware

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by cgram7, Dec 13, 2004.

1. cgram7

cgram7 Member

I would really like to have a laptop however I am not really wanting to pay alot of money for a big name stamped on a manufactured one. Does anyone know where to get the hardware to build a laptop I've seen a few Items on sites like newegg and zipzoomfly but I cant find anyone selling motherboards or cases. Thanks for any help

2. vato_loco

vato_loco Regular member

you cant build your own Laptop.. U would have to get a case and a lCD screen (hard to get),, dont even bother with that... just get ur self a DELL(nice prices) or a ACER - (i love acer)...

Once again, its nearly impossible to biuld your own Laptop, for the pieces are made by the companys that sell the laptops...., but out there on the net there are websites only selling ram and harddrives and thats about it for upgrading or customizing Laptopz

VatoZ

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I ordered my wife a new Dell for Christmas @ $599. It has a 2.2 gig Celeron, 256 meg ram, CDRW/DVDrom plus free printer, free wireless card and free 2 day shipping. Can't beat the price and free stuff.

Jerry

4. cgram7

cgram7 Member

that does sound pretty good for $599 I'll check Dell out, thanks

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You have to look around their site because they keep moving that $599. deal. I found mine under Notebooks--Advertised specials---As seen on TV. When my buddy tried to order the same thing a day later it had moved to Notebooks---Advertised specials--Newspaper ads. Same deal, same price but different location.

Jerry