1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy pre-modded ps2s

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tyren, May 13, 2004.

1. Tyren

Tyren Member

Due to the very recent pricedrop in the ps2 does anyone have any recommendations where to order a premodded ps2 that may or maynot reflect the price drop?

I haventa hit the mod chip scene for a while so my other question is do the current mod chips allow online play too?

Thanks
    -Tyren

2. account

account Guest

no chips can play online but there is a way to patch your backups so they will play online.

the cheapest thing instead of buying a premod would be to buy a new ps2 and send it in to get chipped.

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Try this webb site NITSUR.COM
    they sell a premodded ps2 V9 with a magic V chip for $259 with free shipping and out the door in 24hrs (with all accessories) This is a very cool guy to do buisness with

4. Tyren

Tyren Member

Thanks for the tips so far.

Just to clarify, its not possible to have a modded ps2 and play a retail online game? or it is just not possible to play a back up online game without a patch?

5. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i would recommend modchipworld.com ....i got my premod there a few months ago and i have had no problems...
    if u have a modded ps2 and u buy a game and are using the orginal in order to go online u have to but the modchip in sleep mode...and with a backup u have to patch it..

6. dinamite

dinamite Guest

You have to be careful when buying a pre modded console.In the UK you have to make sure it is the PAL or European version console or you will get three lines across your tv screen.Also it won't work very well if you get the other version as it only works on 110 volts as opposed to 240v.So all you comrades over there,if you know a place that ships Pal versions internationally,let us,in the UK know about it,as we have difficulty finding a place that chips them over here.The only site I know about is http://www.slidecardkit.co.uk
    The chip they use must be awsome,have you seen the spec on their machines?

7. TheAssman

TheAssman Guest

www.xmodd.com is where I sent my ps2 to get modded. I have a v10 ps2 and the dude at xmodd.com put in a DMS3 for me. works perfect. He will give you a DMS3 and install it for 110 dollars. Quick too. It only took 9 days from the time I sent it off till I got it back and hes 2500 miles away from me.

BTW although Im no kind of mod chip expert I wouldnt recommend any other chip than the DMS3 it really is the best chip out there for the ps2.
    Oh yeah he has premods for about 250 dollars I think.
    happy gaming.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2004
  8. ps2us_net

ps2us_net Member

www.xanga.com/ps2_us_net