1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to buy swap magic discs

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jdubb, Feb 5, 2005.

1. jdubb

jdubb Member

watup guys i recently joined afterdawn and i wanna know if anyone knows what stores sell swap magic discs. i went to gamespot and the clerk told me swap magic is highly illegal. if its illegal where did u guys purchase yours? id rather not get mine from the internet because money was stolen off my credit card once. please help me out

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

3. captnkidd

captnkidd Guest

I bought min here. http://www.ps2fliptop.net/ and of couse gamestop will tell you ther are illegal, if you can copy games and you copy games you don't own then GS will not make any money from you.

C

4. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

look on ebay i bought swap magic 3.3 (both discs cd and dvd version)and magic switch for slimline ps2 abd i got it 2 days later simple to put in and it cost me £22 including postage :)

on the magic switch part c is very hard to install and get right so i opened up my ps2 using guarantee label as hinge and put sticky tape over the little push down switch which part c is supposed to press down and it works fine and i have the added bonus of being able to shut top cover while playing games

5. Moniluve

Moniluve Member

can you explain that last part, the garauntee label and hinge. please, step by step, if you can. as i am having trouble with C, too. i don't even know which end goes in!

6. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

ok here is a step by step tutorial for part c

flip over your ps2 and take off the covers of the screws

unscrew the screws

carefully lift the top off from the front and lye the ps2 flat on a table this will not break sticker

at the back near the network adaptor there is a small black switch you can get a better idea of ehere it is by poking part c through the gap where part c is supposed to go

get a small square of sellotape and place it over the switch and press down with a small flathead screwdriver making sure it is secure carefully put cover back on but dont replace cover

plug in your ps2 with the top open press the reset button and the lazer should move

if the laser moves put the screws back in and youve done it

THIS IS HOW I DID IT YESTERDAY AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY MAYBE SOME VERY STRONG DUCT TAPE WOULD BE BETTER

HOPE THIS HELPS

7. ramzey

ramzey Member

I highly recommend EStarLand, they are based in the US and their inventory is here. So for about the same price as some of the Hong Kong supplies will charge you for the disc(s) alone you can get Swap Magic 3.3 shipped 3-4 day express mail.

I've orderd from them, they are legit.

http://www.estarland.com