1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to buy Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's uk

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by mcdm, Mar 4, 2005.

1. mcdm

mcdm Guest

Hi I am about to buy 100 Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's for £60.00 postage extra this is a lot of money to me but after having problems with inferior media I think it is worth it.
    I am a little worried about rip off media and if I have a problem with the discs I would like to be sure I can send or preferably take them back; does anyone know where I can buy these discs in the west midlands/Birmingham area of the UK?
    Thanks

2. mcdm

mcdm Guest

3. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

dont have TY on that site that i can see... the traxdata riteks are good tho...

4. indyjones

indyjones Member

try here

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/Show_me_all_the_DVD_R.html

I'm new to burning dvd's and my first lot of dvd-r's were Ridata G04's and I've had absolutely loads of coasters, so I splashed out on 100 Taiyo Yuden's from the above link and they're all burning with absolutley no problem so it was well worth it (£65 including delivery) in my opinion. The above website was recommended by others on the forum in the uk who'd also bought Taiyo Yuden's from there.

Cheers

Ian

5. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

Which is the better disk from svp? The unbranded taiyo yuden which is cheaper or the more expensive full face printable. I'm assuming that the cheaper one is not printable

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i use http://www.ebuyer.co.uk for 25 cakeboxes of verbatim 8x dvd-r.
    about £8 inc vat for a cakebox, so always buy 3 or 4 to justify the postage so it works out about 9quid a tub all in..

Rich

7. pieman

pieman Regular member

gavindoc, depends whether u want to print or not!.I dont, so ive used the unbranded non printable.Nothing comes close to them and svp are the best.

8. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

The unbranded TY's from SVP have a "naked" silver upper surface, no coating of any kind. They are genuine TYG02 and burn wonderfully, they are the only media I use now. SVP currently have these for £50 postage extra, they usually deliver within 2-3 days.

9. Gringle

Gringle Guest

mcdm, seems we live in the same area, I usually take a trip to Rambox and pick up my media from there, no problems with the media what so ever.

gringle

10. mcdm

mcdm Guest

gringle Many thanks A good recommendation makes me feel better I'm off to get some riteks
    regards mcdm

11. gavindoc

gavindoc Member

Okay, thxs very much. Think I'll go with unbranded non printable. Just wanted to make sure it was genuine. Thxs :)

12. TATTOOZIT

TATTOOZIT Member

sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005