1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy WinAvi on disk only

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sanjo, Mar 24, 2005.

1. sanjo

sanjo Member

After several emails, I was directed to regsoft.com to purchase WinAvi on disk.
    They charge 29.95 for a download and with the download, one can then purchase a disk for an additional 12.95 plus 2.00 ship. Well, I'd like to purchase just the disk. The regsoft site does not give the option of just purchasing the disk. Does anyone know of a source to purchase just the disk?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Why not just Download it and Burn it to Disk??

3. sanjo

sanjo Member

Hi Minion and thanks for your reply. I didn't think I could do that. I mean, I know how to do it, I guess I was thinking legally and all that there was something on the download or whatever that would prevent me from "copying" the program onto my own cd. I suppose this means I can create a back up disk for ANY program I purchase and so I wouldn't have to pay the additional money to purchase a back up disk from them. Well, I suppose this is a fine example of why I'm still in the "newbie" category. Thank you!

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes you can Legally Buy a Game on Line and then Copy it to CD and there are no protections that prevent you from doing so...I have all of my Retail software Backed up to DVD so I can reinstall it again when needed....

Cheers

5. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

Can you please explain the procedure to do this please. Do you download it directly onto your CD or DVD disk? Thanks

6. sanjo

sanjo Member

rjessa,
    I am new at this myself, but I can tell you how I go about it. As far as downloading "directly" to cd, I would assume that one would download a program to a folder in the computer first. I have a folder labeled "set up programs" which contains all programs I have downloaded. I think it is good to have them all in one place, as in the future this makes it easier to find them and see what programs are there should one decide to clean up and remove programs that aren't being used. Anyway, I just open up the program I use for burning cd's. I select "data cd" on my burning program. To select or add the file, I find the folder I labeled "set up programs" and find the file. I select it as the one I want to copy onto cd. Then select burn. As I mentioned, I am new at this myself and don't want to give incorrect info, so hopefully the experts will reply to your question as well.

7. na_tra

na_tra Member

why dont you go to www.Winavi.com and order through phone directly?