1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to download TV shows

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by wavw, Jan 22, 2005.

1. wavw

wavw Member

I live in Russia and I have been downloading TV shows with edonkey but the cost for the uploads while I am downloading is killing me. Does anyone know where you can join for a fee and just download, i.e. leech. I know this defeats the purpose but can not afford the DSL costs

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Buddy, definitely give Usenet a try. Also know as newsgroups. Access to a premium server can be had for a small monthly fee, or you can purchase bandwidth. I would start out going to easynews.com. They have a great web interface, and also really great tech support, so any questions you might have will be answered by people much more knowledgable then even those you could find here. $10 for 10 gigs, which rolls over every month. For tv shows, alt.binaries.multimedia is a great group. Dozens of shows uploaded every day. If you're looking for new and recent shows, this is your answer. More obscure and older shows are harder to come by, but if someone has it, they will usually post it if it is requested.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005